Need a bussiness name!

So after much debarkle i have decided to open up an online store (Yes i have done this before and it didnt quite work out because i wasnt taking it seriously) and i need a name!

Im going to be selling Gadgets in general aswell as Phones,computer parts and possible software. This name will be used as the business name,ebay id,domain name and email address.

Any ideas?

Not to be a wet blanket but whatever name you settle on you need to do a trademark/copyright search to be sure it's not in use by some one else. If not, to lock it in as yours, you need to get a TM/copyright locked in place for that name. If you don't and go online with a name that's trademarked and or copyrighted, you can be sued. If you use a name that's not in use, you run a risk of some one taking the time to research it and putting a TM/copyright on the name and blackmailing you in to buying it from them or being forced to stop using it.
If you're serious this time then cover your arse and do what you have to do to protect you, your assets, and your company.

I Have an ABN Number and have registered my Business name (Luke's PC Solutions) but that's for my PC Repair business which is slowly expanding. I Could always use that ..

Very good.
You could use a DBA (doing business as) but I'm not real certain about that in an online business.
Luke's PC Solutions dba GigabyteGadgets
Might want to check in to that.

Well im pretty sure that because when i registered for my ABN I Put down as a Sole Trader (Because im not hiring anybody) i can have multiple business under one ABN But i'll ring the ATO (Australia Tax office) Just to double check. Though i've been doing some research and i may just be LPCS Auctions (Luke's PC Solutions Auctions) because i think it may be more profitable in selling computer hardware and software,though this doesnt mean i can still sell gadgets and what not....

Back
Top Bottom