vBulletin 4

I can only speak for myself, but I'm enjoying the one we have now. Its functional, and it saves David the x-number of dollars to pitch into purchasing a new licence.

Looks sexy. If I were you I would wait until it is out of beta and they have gotten all of the bugs worked out (unless there really aren't any). It's really up to you, David. After all, it's your money.

When my test site is up and running, I'll let you know...
As far as appearance design, the template and style engines are supposed to let you customize down to the smallest button. So what better jumping off point than a plain Jane generic style. It's all the features they have added as built ins that will benefit most in the long run.
David,
With VB being under new owners and management they made some changes to how things work. 3.x will have an end of life I think that's slated for Dec 20th of this year. I could be wrong about the date but it will come to an end where you will have to decide how you want to proceed.

I really don't like it TBH. My other forum just moved to it last night. It's really just a lot more confusing and really doesn't generally look that great IMO. It runs a lot slower on my other forum as well. Dunno if it's just because they're doing a bunch of tweaks or it's just slow in general.

Wow, they really took a step back in terms of design.
X2

I say no.

Back
Top Bottom