computer parts

Needs revision:

- Board you have chosen requires DDR3 RAM
-The SeaGate 7200.12 500GB/16MB is just as fast, if not faster than that WDC500 and costs a considerable amount less.
-The RAM is DDR2 (as I mentioned you need DDR3)
-You can find an EVGA GTS250 cheaper than the XFX version. Plus I like EVGA more for the benefits that they offer.

Links:

This is great RAM for the system you are building:

OCZ Special Ops PC3-12800 (2x2)

What size monitor do you intend on using? This will help determine how much VRAM will be necessary on your GPU. 512 or 1GB, etc..

If <22":

Evga GTS 250 512MB

If >23":

Evga GTS 250 1GB

I own this HDD and I love it:

SeaGate 7200.12 500GB/16MB

By the way, this is another motherboard to consider. For 5 dollars more, it seems like it has a little more to offer

Asus M4A78-E AM3 Motherboard

Personally, I would pick a case that features more benefits and airflow for the price, but it is your choice.
And that CD drive looks like it has some nice features but for a larger price than others. Check some LiteOn drives. I picked my super all-read/all-write with LS up for 30 dollars OEM on Tiger.

Can't really compare a WD 32MB cache drive to a Seagate 16MB cache drive. A similar speced WD drive could be had for $56, which is just $1 more. If it was my system I'd go WD b/c IMO they are more reliable and a whole lot quieter brand new than Seagate. It's the difference between the loudest or quietest moving thing in your system.

Needs revision:

- Board you have chosen requires DDR3 RAM
-The SeaGate 7200.12 500GB/16MB is just as fast, if not faster than that WDC500 and costs a considerable amount less.
-The RAM is DDR2 (as I mentioned you need DDR3)
-You can find an EVGA GTS250 cheaper than the XFX version. Plus I like EVGA more for the benefits that they offer.

Links:

This is great RAM for the system you are building:

OCZ Special Ops PC3-12800 (2x2)

What size monitor do you intend on using? This will help determine how much VRAM will be necessary on your GPU. 512 or 1GB, etc..

If <22":

Evga GTS 250 512MB

If >23":

Evga GTS 250 1GB

I own this HDD and I love it:

SeaGate 7200.12 500GB/16MB

By the way, this is another motherboard to consider. For 5 dollars more, it seems like it has a little more to offer

Asus M4A78-E AM3 Motherboard

Personally, I would pick a case that features more benefits and airflow for the price, but it is your choice.
And that CD drive looks like it has some nice features but for a larger price than others. Check some LiteOn drives. I picked my super all-read/all-write with LS up for 30 dollars OEM on Tiger.

That Seagate isn't as fast as the WD he had originally chosen, and it certainly isn't faster.

The only change I see that needs to be made is the memory. As Grantofhell pointed out, you'll need DDR3. Otherwise, everything looks great.

Can't really compare a WD 32MB cache drive to a Seagate 16MB cache drive. A similar speced WD drive could be had for $56, which is just $1 more. If it was my system I'd go WD b/c IMO they are more reliable and a whole lot quieter brand new than Seagate. It's the difference between the loudest or quietest moving thing in your system.

The SeaGate I posted uses less platters and needs less cache memory to have similar performance. :)

The 790GX is AM2+/AM3; it supports both "sockets" or processor revisions and uses DDR2. I could have sworn I saw DDR3 last night.

Back
Top Bottom