Random Chit Chat

Alright, thanks J. It's really cheap stuff anyways, so I'm not too worried about returns or anything like that.

I've never used Amazon before...

It's okay to NOT buy from the featured merchant, right? I mean, there are other sellers that are cheaper and still have a positive rating, so I figured I might as well save a few bucks.
Sure, I buy stuff (mostly cheaper stuff - DVDs, games, books) from merchants on the Marketplace all the time. I just avoid the "just launched", low feedback or massive US ones as much as possible.

I ordered a $40 DVD box set once from an Amazon merchant in Kansas... that was quite the experience. It took them two weeks to mail it, then it got stuck in customs and I ended up paying duty/taxes and customs fees on it and it took about 3 months to get here.

I tend to deal with domestic sellers now as much as possible (if only for the quicker shipping) but I was looking at a book tonight, it's not available directly from Amazon.ca, the cheapest US seller was $8 and the cheapest Canadian was $26 (both plus $6.80 or something for the flat-rate shipping, that's the worst thing about ordering books from the marketplace).

I obviously went for the $8 US seller, with any luck USPS and Canada Post will actually deliver it to me sometime in the next 2 years without adding on any surcharges...

Yeah, I bet that can be kind of a hassle for you living in Canada, eh? :p

Haha. Pun or no pun intended, that still sucks!

But yes, I will definitely stray from sellers with few ratings or negative feedback.

okay i figured out how to get hdmi i have 1080p on everything looks amazing except movies which in windows media player i have to set the picture to small for it to be HD if i full screen it it looks like crap are their any free ware or trial software thats plays dvd's in hd?

give VLC or media player classic a try. Also dvds aren't hd I think they are just 640x420 or something.

I got COD today, and all I can say is...... WOW!!! JUST WOW!! I don't get why people are complaining about the performance. I'm running it all maxed out 2x anti-aliasing... 1600x1050 resolution and I'm getting 60 FPS.
AMD Phenom ii 940 Stock
4 gigs DDR2 Ram 1066
Xfx Geforce 260 core 216 stock
WD 7200 RPM 640 gig hard drive.
Gigabyte 790x-UD4P board
What settings are you guys running the game at? And what's the performance? I wanna know :D

Back
Top Bottom