Microsoft Banning

No, an accountant is the one who reports ANY losses or gains. And the company will look at what's going on. A lot of companies getting a big order of something one period that's almost over, will not ship the order til the next fiscal period, so that there is some profit on the next period, it looks good on paper, but overall, it's not that great for the company.
I guarantee Microsoft has profit in mind in any decision.

With the recent launch of W7 I HIGHLY doubt they even lost a penny.
They didn't gain as much as they would have. But like I said, plenty of people would just go buy more consoles, not like they can complain to microsoft, their current consoles are not legal anyway.

With Microsoft banning more and more people from Xbox Live, aren't they losing a lot of money from the loss of memberships, due to this, as its supposedly permanent?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1044546p1.html

1 million people have been banned now. If you pay £29.99 a year. They are losing out on £29,990,000 a year...

Surely for a paid service, unlike Sony's and Nintendo's, they are really going out of their way for other companies losses.

How many people who are banned will actually go out and buy a brand new console :cool:

Xbox live is one of the main features in xbox360, however i have heard that Microsoft will be unbanning consoles for a activation fee of $29.99 and a 1 year subscription to live. Also any consoles that will be playing pirated games will have that subscription and activation voided. Simple play your games not on Live?

Apparently, as soon as you connect to live, even if you played the game before connecting; Microsoft knows...

What is funny about this is on craigslist there is about 100 new posts of banned modded xbox's.

The thing is Microsoft isn't concerned with losing money from the xbox live memberships to those who think that really matters to them. If they allow this to go on unpunished they will lose WAY more money in the long run due to lower games sales because people just pirate them. Either way they are losing money so to them this will cause less losses than people having modded xbox's. Not only the revenue from the people with modded ones but also many people now are likely to not do it as much if at all since they know it could result in having to buy another xbox. There will still be plenty of people who continue to do it though because all the money they saved by using pirated games means they can just get another xbox and do it again.

What is funny about this is on craigslist there is about 100 new posts of banned modded xbox's.

The thing is Microsoft isn't concerned with losing money from the xbox live memberships to those who think that really matters to them. If they allow this to go on unpunished they will lose WAY more money in the long run due to lower games sales because people just pirate them. Either way they are losing money so to them this will cause less losses than people having modded xbox's. Not only the revenue from the people with modded ones but also many people now are likely to not do it as much if at all since they know it could result in having to buy another xbox. There will still be plenty of people who continue to do it though because all the money they saved by using pirated games means they can just get another xbox and do it again.
Microsoft doesnt make many games.
And whether you play downloaded games or not, you need an xbox.

I think it serves the people that got banned right, they can't really complain or do anything, it is their own fault and they deserve exactly what they get.

I also think MS will make money off of this, I mean look at how many people will now be going getting new xboxes and then new membership, and then they will have to get legit games too. Ofcourse there will be the people that will not be bothered about getting a new console and proper games because they can still play offline in sp or with friends, but on the whole they have the potential of making a killing here

Yeah I agree, they shouldn't have chipped them in the first place. The only people I feel sorry for are those who bought banned boxex on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom