95 windstar

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have a 1995 ford windstar and I just replaced the water pump and after i got it all together and started driving with it, something started squeeking. Anyone know what could be wrong

maybe, but i brought it in to a mechanic one time and they put belt dressing on it one time and it didn't squeek for about a week and then it started again

Squeaking or squealing? If it's squeaking then you probably have a bad belt tensioner, not hard or expensive to replace.

If something is squealing then you have a bad bearing somewhere and a much bigger problem.

It's sqeeking, so I replaced the belt and now it's not as bad but still doing it a little bit. sounds like it's coming from the alternator

Squeaking or squealing? If it's squeaking then you probably have a bad belt tensioner, not hard or expensive to replace.

If something is squealing then you have a bad bearing somewhere and a much bigger problem.
If you are refering to an engine bearing, then yes, that would be a huge problem, but I don't think you will get much sound out of that, and it wouldn't have stopped after spraying that stuff on the belts.

Back
Top Bottom