Ok. so Obama's health-care legilslation passed.

I will NOT stand to be placed in a queue amongst leeches of society for surgery that could save my life or my family's life.
I will NOT stand to pay healthcare for people who f***ed around their entire life.
I will NOT stand to let the elderly be placed on a waiting list for surgery and get denied due to age.

So what just because somebody wasnt given the same oppertunities in life they are automatically in the category of people who are leeches of society of fucked around all your life .
What you are basically saying is that anyone too poor to afford the increasing private insurance is condemmed to having no access to health care
You should come over to the UK and see what we have over here its called a national Health service and everyone regardless of wealth social status and education is on the same waiting list which is categorised due to the severity rather than their wealth for me that seems to be a much fairer soloution

I'm not reading random crap on the internet, facts are facts.

I will NOT stand to be placed in a queue amongst leeches of society for surgery that could save my life or my family's life.
I will NOT stand to pay healthcare for people who f***ed around their entire life.
I will NOT stand to let the elderly be placed on a waiting list for surgery and get denied due to age.

Get over yourself. If you truly think the majority of uninsured Americans, I suggest you do a reality check.

*cough* Medicare, Medicaid *cough*

How might a health overhaul affect Medicaid?

Democrats see the Medicaid program as an important means of covering the uninsured. The bills differ on details, but all of the pending Democratic measures would increase the maximum amount a person could earn as income and still be eligible for the program.

And all of these bills would extend Medicaid coverage to a new category of individuals: adults without children who fall below the income thresholds. Twenty-four states have some childless adult coverage now. And, although details vary, all of the proposals would provide more federal funds to states to help pay for this new coverage category.

Depending on the proposal, children who currently are enrolled in the CHIP program could remain in it, enroll in a new regulated marketplace called an "exchange" or "gateway," or be enrolled in Medicaid.

Additionally, the House legislation would boost payment rates for doctors and other practitioners to the same level as Medicare payments. Right now, Medicaid physician fees are 72 percent of the fees Medicare pays to doctors. If rates aren't raised, analysts say, there won't be enough doctors to take care of the increased number of people entering the Medicaid program.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113339184

How could health overhaul proposals affect Medicare?

Congressional proposals have provisions to make Medicare more efficient and slow the growth in Medicare spending.

To curtail Medicare spending, some suggested provisions would reduce federal payments to Medicare Advantage plans and require improvements in hospital practices to cut down the number of patients who need to be readmitted. Another provision would trim the yearly increase in payments to hospitals and other providers. Depending on the final bill, the government may get some savings on prescription drug prices.

Under a deal with the pharmaceutical industry, if a bill passes, Medicare beneficiaries would see a 50 percent price reduction of brand-name prescription drugs that currently cost full price when the patient spends enough to hit the "doughnut hole." And, in the House bill, the gap in prescription coverage would be phased out completely over 14 years.

Some proposed bills would cost the government money. For example, the House bill would increase costs by $230 billion over 10 years by eliminating planned cuts in Medicare payments to doctors. In addition, the bills call for paying primary care doctors and other providers more money for coordinating patient care and making more low-income Medicare patients eligible for subsidies.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113057385

*cough* Medicare, Medicaid *cough*

Firstly id cut the sarchastic attitude it dosent suit you very well

Secondly so your telling me these two systems that are simply covered in bureaucracy are what you rely on if your too poor to afford private health insurance . Because theoretically these systems look completely useless medicaid for example is pretty much an invite for fraud

LOL! What about me?

To be honest and frank, it's easy to denounce something - especially when you haven't been to the other side. I've had some good friends loose their health insurance because their employer couldn't afford it. I, myself, am blessed enough to have a fantastic private plan, but that doesn't mean I can't have sympathy for those who don't.

Is this bill the best possible solution for this growing crisis? Absolutely not. Despite that, it's still one step closer in the right direction.

LOL! What about me?

To be honest and frank, it's easy to denounce something - especially when you haven't been to the other side. I've had some good friends loose their health insurance because their employer couldn't afford it. I, myself, am blessed enough to have a fantastic private plan, but that doesn't mean I can't have sympathy for those who don't.

Is this bill the best possible solution for this growing crisis? Absolutely not. Despite that, it's still one step closer in the right direction.

The sarchasm suits you just fine :p
But seriously im from a country where we thankfully have a national health service which is free for all as i said before regardless of your wealth class or education . There is also a private healthcare industry in the UK however that is only taken up as a general rule by the extremely wealthy in this country and even then they are still entitled to NHS healthcare at any time
Therefore for me this idea of a private insurance structure seems to be against all of my instincts and feels just plain wrong to me
And even worse is then the fact that poor people are expected to rely on a system that to me dosent seem to work i dont know if you can provide any insight into how it works in practice but it dosent sound all too efficient
This rings especially true for me because i am from a less well off background so maybe i am biassed towards people from that background but either way even from an unbiassed standpoint there is much support for the idea that the poor currently arent afforded much support by the current system
I do however agree that this bill isnt the complete soloution to the problem but due to the political opposition I always had a feeling it was going to be a much compromised bill

Secondly so your telling me these two systems that are simply covered in bureaucracy are what you rely on if your too poor to afford private health insurance . Because theoretically these systems look completely useless medicaid for example is pretty much an invite for fraud
It's spelled sarcastic. ;)

Now, apply what you just said to the monstrous program that Obama has proposed.

Back
Top Bottom