Ok. so Obama's health-care legilslation passed.

Yup, here's another one. ;)

The U.S. House of Presumptuous Meddlers

As an American, I am embarrassed that the U.S. House of Representatives has 220 members who actually believe the government can successfully centrally plan the medical and insurance industries.

I'm embarrassed that my representatives think that government can subsidize the consumption of medical care without increasing the budget deficit or interfering with free choice.

It's a triumph of mindless wishful thinking over logic and experience

So do you ever actually form your own opinions or do you just blindly believe what you read in the media from wannabe journalists such as the one in your last link who have also made such stark claims as "aids research gets too much funding "

Obviously it may be different for those who have an effective, private insurance plan, but think of those who don't.

(...and here's a hint - they're middle class citizens who have decent paying jobs.)
Link to credible source that shows that middle class citizens with decent paying jobs don't have health insurance.

I see nothing in any of those reports that say the middle class are not insured. I see numbers for low income "working" families and those who were temporarily without health insurance. It looks like the vast majority of the uninsured (85%) are native or naturalized citizens.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4631736

Dr. Wiltz, let me start with you. Part of the issue here is the misnomer of uninsured and underinsured. People offtimes think that that is simply the poor, those who don't work, but, in fact, that is not the case in this country.

Dr. GARY WILTZ (Chief Executive Officer, Teche Action Clinic): No, it is not, Ed. As a matter of fact, eight out of 10 of the uninsured are in working families. We've been able to do some studies and we've calculated that 60.4 percent of those uninsured are in full-year, full-time working families. Another 22.3 percent are other workers that are not full time. And then 17.3 percent are non-workers. So that is a big myth, and it really does matter if a person has health insurance. The Institute of Medicine estimates that over 18,000 Americans die each year because they don't have health coverage.

So do you ever actually form your own opinions or do you just blindly believe what you read in the media from wannabe journalists such as the one in your last link who have also made such stark claims as "aids research gets too much funding "
I just don't let other people do my thinking for me. Probably the same guy that says growth is necessary and shit.

As an American, I am embarrassed that the U.S. House of Representatives has 220 members who actually believe the government can successfully centrally plan the medical and insurance industries.

I'm embarrassed that my representatives think that government can subsidize the consumption of medical care without increasing the budget deficit or interfering with free choice.

It's a triumph of mindless wishful thinking over logic and experience

It's not like all debt can be paid back anyway. It's impossible.

Back
Top Bottom