Why does my computer suck

It's not really slow, but slow?

What kind of games are you playing? (Looking for names here.)

Are they online games or offline games?

The internet loading slow can be a result of a slow connection, but it could very well be a slow computer as well.

How big is your hdd and how much is free/used? How long has it been since you've run anything, Ccleaner, Spybot, Virus Scan... anything?

How long has your computer been going "just slow"?

We can narrow it down with these questions and further after these are answered.

-Q

i run online games like counter strike source.
i have a 232 gb hd and i have 115 left
(correction i have a 2.8 ghz processor)
i havent run any spyware programs in a while but i use system mechanic.
these are my results from the ping and speed:

i run online games like counter strike source.
Is it still slow when playing offline? Are other things that use your internet connection slow or is it just games?
i havent run any spyware programs in a while but i use system mechanic.
Then a sensible thing to do would be to run a scan or two to be sure. It narrows things down if nothing else. It'd make sense to defragment your disk and run chkdsk as well.
You still need to answer this question:
How long has your computer been going "just slow"?

A point for the future - saying "my computer is slow what's wrong with it" is pretty much equivalent to saying "my car won't start what's wrong with it." It could be all manner of things, and unless you give all the information you can then any replies will be random guesses at best!

I'd download and run MalWareBytes.

Is there anything you do offline that is slow? Are programs (like Microsoft Word) slow to open?

I have had my computer scanned by avg and have run numerous scans from system mechanic 6 pro.

Running programs similar to Microsoft word is not slow, mostly games I will get lag in, online or offline.

My computer has been like this since i got it and i have tried updating my ram and my graphics card but these never solved my problems.

Thank you all for any help you have tried to give if anything needs clarification i will gladly clarify. I really would love to have a computer to run games without lag.

Thank you all for any help you have tried to give if anything needs clarification i will gladly clarify. I really would love to have a computer to run games without lag.

your welcome,
but i would suggest to buy a new computer or build one. you can get a cheep gamer PC for about 600 bucks

Wait, don't buy anything yet.
What happens if you turn the graphics sliders all the way to low? Does it still lag then?

Not sure what 'system mechanic 6 pro' is but I'd recommend a true spyware scanner - Like MalwareBytes.

Don't forget Internet Ping Test. Your connection quality is also important.

http://www.pingtest.net/

I've run this test several times,this is my best result so far:

A couple times I ran it and couldn't get a result for packet loss and a couple of times the packet loss was 5% or higher.A couple times I ran it and the test started,then stopped in the middle and the page locked up and I wasn't able to close the page down.

What am I to make of this?

ps,It's a wireless connection.

I get good results from the speedtest.

Back
Top Bottom