Help choosing a laptop

aquaforever

Beta member
My parents are going to buy me laptop for college and I am allowed to pick one out. I'm assuming it can't be too expensive. I'm probably going to give them 2 options, one I really want and one that is definitely cheap enough to fit their budget

Here is what I am looking for:
Size: Probably 14.1" maybe something bigger
Weight: Pretty lightweight, something easily carried to class
Graphics Card: Pretty decent, something able to handle some gaming
RAM: 2-3 GB
Hard Drive Space: Either a lot of space or an external hard drive
Operating System: Windows XP or 7? I don't really know which is better
Budget: $1200? Kind of iffy

If it would be cheaper to buy a system without these requirements and install something myself I would be willing to do that. My uncle is pretty good with computers and if I couldn't figure it out I'm sure my uncle knows how to do it. My dad is also an engineer if that helps :)

I'm really interested in building laptops. If I could learn how to build, I would be interested in doing that instead.

One laptop i was looking at is the15" Battalion CZ-9 Notebook from ibuypower.com

go in to your nearest best buy and look around. my best buy has better laptops than that for nearly the same price

That laptop from iBuyPower is good, but also try out Cyberpower PC laptops or Sager Notebooks.

that laptop from ibuypower is overpriced, theres a sony laptop at my best buy with a 15.6" screen, a core 2 duo 2.2 GHz processor, 4GB's of RAM and a 500gb hard drive for $150 more(this is in canada).

Back
Top Bottom