Ok. so Obama's health-care legilslation passed.

Yes, but there was an Enlightenment Philosopher who stated that before Benjamin Franklin.

In addition to the Smith Act, there are also the Alien and Sedition Acts.

to be honest it's one of my favourite quotes, I knew the quote but not the author. -so I googled it and the first result suggested Benjamin Franklin.

I would feel safer without a gun than with a gun. If I have a gun and a robber enters my house, that is a reason for him to shoot me. He'll run this thought through his head, "Crap! He's got a gun, either I shoot or I get the hell out of here". Those are less options from when I don't have a gun, and therefore a higher chance of him shooting at me. In addition to that, you should have an alarm system installed at your house. That will spook a robber more often than not.

With regards to rebellion: The United States is losing its lead because it is not producing engineers. Once upon a time, the U.S. was able to hold foreign engineers within borders because the U.S. was the place to be if you wanted cutting edge technology. With growing economies such as China and India (which happen to be the major source of foreign engineers), less and less immigrant scientists/engineers are staying within borders. Most are coming to attend college, then leaving back to their country where their family reside. The U.S. has not lost its reign, yet. It is possible, with an increased focus on math and science, to regain the lead and solidify its position as the #1 country in the world. However, if there is a rebellion, those chances go from good to slim-zero.

Well if a robber enters your house, he has a motive to shoot you anyway...eliminate the witness(s). Most robbers are methodical in their process. Anyone who really wants something or thinks you might have something of value will stop at nothing short of killing "you" or getting a bullet lodged in his chest. Here's what I would do if I was a robber. I would dress casual and go up to the door during midday and knock. Take out my pistol and shoot whatever was in my way. I would prefer not a glock because those are loud guns. Something more along the lines of a p226 or p228. If you would prefer to not have a gun, I would sill shoot "you" to eliminate witnesses. Now if you had a shotgun next your door, I would do one of two things. 1) shoot you before you can get it. 2) I would get a load of buckshot in my chest. In this senario, I am the robber and I have a plan; I would more than likely win but you would have a chance of pumping me with buckshot.
Let's do a more likely senario where said robber is intoxicated or drugged and has a gun. He has one thing in mind, get whatever things are valuable, eliminate witnesses, and get out. He would likely bash the door down at say 1am. I there is a large racket and you wake up. 1) You don't have anything to defend yourself with other than a ceramic toilet lid which is far from bullet-proof and you get shot before you can get him down and unconscious. 2) He bashes in the door and you wake up and grab your AR15 or whatever and stand in the dark hallway waiting for him to round the corner. You stick in the mag and when he rounds said corner, load it. He gets spooked misfires and you shoot. He drops down dead. In this senario, he is looking for witnesses to eliminate and he dies. Had you not had a gun, you would have 95% wound up shot and dead.

In either senario, you have a chance of winning against a robber, versus little-to no chance at all.

In reguards to engineers, overthrow the government, and first order of business is make sure to start emphasis on mathematics and science starting in middle school and the government pays 50% tuition of any students enrolling in science and or a mathematics field and a guaranteed high profile job in their field in the U.S. bring ourselves back into the major world superpowers with U.S. based engineering jobs.

It hasn't passed yet. The bill was passed in the House. It now goes to the Senate where it should die an ugly death if the American people are lucky.

Has it not passed? Well then, we will wait for it to pass the senate, and then we overthrow the government. Yes??

I don't know one person who wouldn't feel safer than ever against robbers or the government with an M16 / AR15 or an AK-47 and a box of 5.56 NATO or 7.62x39 Soviet rounds next to their beds when they sleep.

That's your problem, get some new friends, the ones you have right now don't sound very stable-minded.

How is it that your last president can take you to illegal wars, searching for non-existent weapons.
condone torture, extraudinary rendition etc
erode your liberties, (wire tap laws)

and you say nothing.

next president tries to implement a state backed insurance plan, that people can chose to pay into, (and you can chose not to pay into!).

and you start talking about issuing everyone with guns... want to over throw the government...

is the idea that offering an alternative to private healthcare, bought and funded in exactly the same way as regular private healthcare that abhorrent to you?

How is it that your last president can take you to illegal wars, searching for non-existent weapons.

and you say nothing.

next president tries to implement a state backed insurance plan, that people can chose to pay into, (and you can chose not to pay into!).

and you start talking about issuing everyone with guns... want to over throw the government...

:D :D

and you say nothing.

is the idea that offering an alternative to private healthcare, bought and funded in exactly the same way as regular private healthcare that abhorrent to you?

Probably because a) it directly affects people more than the wars did and b) most people don't know exactly what is in this bill.

I still believe some people are butt-hurt regarding McCain's loss during the 2008 presidential election against Obama.

Back
Top Bottom