Badges

sniperviper21

Golden Master
As put by Neodude...

It would be cool to have badges representing what parts we have in our rig....

From our thread on Clubs, i believe that clubs would divide our great forum. Instead why not badges showing off what a member is known for...

if someone has an EVGA board, put that next to say the I7 tag and maybe a ATi badge as well.

Maybe inplace of the sig?
though that would violate the no pics in sigs rule.

I voted no. There's really no uses for badges, other than cluttering the forum. We already know what other members are known for (if they're known for anything). The new members will learn with time.

edit: However, I wouldn't be opposed to handing out more CF Privileged. That way, if members feel the need, they can state what they're good at on that section.

We should have badges, HOWEVER this does NOT put you on an ivory tower.
It wouldn't really mean anything that important, anything that would make the person feel above anyone else.
Something like AMD Phenom II club.
Or the "Over 4 Ghz club" but nothing that gives you rights over anyone else.

We should have badges, HOWEVER this does NOT put you on an ivory tower.
It wouldn't really mean anything that important, anything that would make the person feel above anyone else.
Something like AMD Phenom II club.
Or the "Over 4 Ghz club" but nothing that gives you rights over anyone else.

What would it be for then?

What would it be for then?

Well to some extent, a newbie could see that he's part of that group, and PM him with a question, knowing he will be able to get a valid response (Considering he is asking on what the member has a badge for) And a second purpose would just be kinda for show, like just having a little badge.

Well to some extent, a newbie could see that he's part of that group, and PM him with a question, knowing he will be able to get a valid response (.

I would have thought we would want newbies asking on the open forun as it is a computer help forum, and others could learn from the answers as well.

^ That's the point i was gonna go for. If the user PMs some badge wearing club member then they may get an answer to their question, but if that member instead posts the question in a thread, they'll get a number of answers AND the knowledge will deposited unto the forum and will be accessible to all our members

Back
Top Bottom