Settings to O.C. E6300 on a GA-EP43-UD3L?

yeah...have that too. have cpu at 3.2GHz now and ram at 758 (i think that's what it was) and running prime95 now....seems to have topped out at 54 degrees with a few 55 degree spikes....been running it maybe 20 min now. running large fft's now,,,going to try small fft's next, then maybe blend too....are you supposed to run tests with all three types of tests, and for how long...been reading online and opinions from 20 min to 24hrs out there.

edit: and the mb has a robust graphics booster that has choices of auto, fast, or turbo. i tried all three and cpuz didn't show any changes to the graphics core clock, shaders clock, or memory clock, so i guess this setting doesn't do anything with my 9500GT? or did it not change anything because i have the pci interface locked at 100 (don't know if this has anything to do with oc'ing the gpu). what is a good utility for oc'ing the graphics card (just tried rivatuner and it wouldn't detect my driver so uninstalled it), and do i just use the prime95 tool to test the gpu stability too?

edit: (again)..downloaded nividia's system tools and bumped gpu up from

core clock, from 550 to 600MHz
shaders clock, from 1400 to 1425 (although nvidia system tools originally read it at 1375 while cpuz showed it at 1400 like it was supposed to be)
memory clock, from 500MHz to 510MHz

Are these oc's ok for a small oc? any other setting suggestions for these gpu clocks?

idle gpu temp is 39,,,played game for few minutes,,was 41...safe temp gpu can get up to? what can i use to test my gpu overclocks? (tried gpu tool as ati tool doesn't apparently run on vista/windows 7?, but gpu tool wouldn't run either).

I believe that is for graphics cards that can support "Turbo Cache" which is something I've never studied, but I believe is using software to simulate extra Vram. Which makes no sense but I've seen it before somewhere. It's kind of like OpenGL.

anything that i can use on windows 7 to stress test my gpu overclock like i did with my cpu with prime95? are the gpu overclock settings i picked safe, conservative overclocks that shouldn't give me any trouble?

3dmark software. You can get a trial version that does basic stress. 3dmark06 or 3dmark vantage. Both are accepted official benchmarking tools and CPU/GPU stressers. FurMark works alright too. I would use it for stressing rather than benchmarking as the point system for the tool is a bit shaky,

just tried furmark for 5 min...temp got up to 60....too hot? what's a safe temp up to? i was concerned about the temp not knowing what was safe so i hit esc and exited out of it. do you normally just let the stress test run until it's done, or does it go on undefinately?

Furmark runs for 60 seconds normally. Then it gives you the score. 60C is fairly safe for a GPU. Try not to let it get over 70, because that is starting to push. If necessary, break out the window fan. That's what I'm doing right now while I'm benching my PD925 on air.

What about the adjustments I made? I just guessed at what to put them at...would you change any up or down and why?

core clock, from 550 to 600MHz
shaders clock, from 1400 to 1425 (although nvidia system tools originally read it at 1375 while cpuz showed it at 1400 like it was supposed to be)
memory clock, from 500MHz to 510MHz

First off, if you can help it, Don't ever use Nvidia System Tools - For anything. The program has the potential to really hurt your system, especially since it deal with dynamic voltage adjustments. Make all of your changes through BIOS for RAM, CPU, FSB, etc...or through EVGA's Precision utility offered on their website for your graphics card.

Using EVGA's Precision Tool, set your fan (if exists) to 100 then apply. Raise your CC to 600 and raise the SC to 1510. Then set your MC to 1100. Then click apply. Don't set it to boot with Windows, yet. In case it's not stable

Back
Top Bottom