What is it with Firefox and my memory?

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
When I start a session Firefox will take up 'X' amount of memory.

When i'm browsing I have my second monitor showing the Task Manager and Real Temps.

After a heavy session of browsing my Task Manager shows an increase in the memory used by Firefox, currently 1,410,980 K!. And it won't stop increasing until I restart Firefox.

Whats with this browser?

EDIT:

I'm using 1.72GB RAM and all i'm doing is browsing with Firefox. When I started I was using just over 400MB RAM!

Tell me about it.

When I use Opera 10 this just doesn't happen.

I closed Firefox and my Memory usage dropped from 1.72GB to 330MB!

Now as I type this my Memory usage is 486MB. And thats after re-starting Firefox.

If I carry on browsing different pages, etc, the memory will increase every time. It seems to happen as I browse different pages.

Tell you what i'm gonna carry on till I hit 2.5GB and do a screenie. Not now though, it's late.

:D

EDIT:

Just refreshed my Facebook home and it added 15MB to my RAM. In fact refreshing Facebook uses up more of my memory.

Firefox does eat memory.

I only have Computer Forums up and I'm using 89MB's

But hey, thats what memories for :p

FF has been crashing so much on me lately. It crashed about 7 times today; and all when I was checking my Fantasy teams. I switched back to FF to give it another try, but I think I'll head back to Chrome again.

Works fine for me on all 4 of my computers. You people must have spyware issues or something.

There is no way I have spyware. There are only a few websites that I frequent: Facebook, CF, ESPN, Blackboard, and YouTube. I haven't had time to do real browsing.

FF has been crashing so much on me lately. It crashed about 7 times today; and all when I was checking my Fantasy teams. I switched back to FF to give it another try, but I think I'll head back to Chrome again.

Works fine for me on all 4 of my computers. You people must have spyware issues or something.

Well you have some issue if it continually crashes.

Could it be because the Fantasy webpage is continually refreshing?

Sorry this really has nothing to do with the OP but I thought since its already off topic I will give ya a heads up why you got the crashing Firefox. :D:D

Article About FireFox Updates causing Crashes

Back
Top Bottom