Graphics Card Artifacting

EricM

Daemon Poster
i have an evga geforce 7900 gt and recently it has begun to artifact. at first it was only a few small coloured dots on black backgrounds the size of pixels. so i tried bumping down the clock and that seemed to work, but everytime i restarted my computer it would go back to the default clock setting.

now the artifacts have got even worse and theres random lines across my screen. and the dots are getting worse.

im running 2gigs of ram and a 2.2ghz athlon x2 on vista.

is there anything i can do or is it time for a new graphics card?

When I installed the GTX 260 in my brother's system it was artifacting already. There was nothing I could do to fix it except RMA it. Sounds like yours is doing the same thing. Time for a new card.

what are your temps...? sounds like a cooling issue if you bump the clock down and it's fine, have you checked the fans to see if it's running or if it may have some dust bunnies blocking the airflow...?

my gpu is idling at 51 degrees Celsius. dust doesnt seem to be an issue. i regularly blow any dust out with compressed air.

i think i am just going to get a new card.. any ideas for something that will perform decently in the 100-150 dollar range?

Back
Top Bottom