just installed xp on acer aspire 5315 now i need some help

nosignal1

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. As the subject states, I just installed xp on my acer aspire 5315 because I hated vista. Now, I've run into a couple of problems, I'm installing drivers as I type. I've got it connected to the internet and just installed the realtek audio driver. My question is what other drivers should i install? Also, is there any way that I can get xp to display in a widescreen resolution? Right now it only gives me the options of 800x600 and 1024x768.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks!
Eric

You'll need to download video drivers from the manufacturer's website in order to address the resolution issue.

i just finished doing that right before i read your post, and that did it, resolution issue completely fixed now

hahah, thats probably true. I had one more question, is there any way to get the volume level, when you push the vol +/- buttons, to show up on the screen again?

hahah, thats probably true. I had one more question, is there any way to get the volume level, when you push the vol +/- buttons, to show up on the screen again?

I would guess keyboard drivers if they are available.

Got to ask, nosignal...my netbook (an Acer) is being a little bi*ch about me having changed the OS from Linux to Windows XP...is yours acting ridiculously sluggish by any chance, mate?

actually its quite the opposite with mine. When i had vista installed it ran okay for about a month but then it started being sluggish and whenever i checked the performance with the task manager, it was a solid basline of 30-40% all the time which was just ridiculous to me.
After installing xp its running like a champ, I'm really glad its working better now. Im sorry I can't help any-laa.

One more question for everyone though. Is there any way to get the battery meter display back up on the toolbar so I don't have my computer shutting off on me without warning?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom