Should Philip Laing go to jail

I think he should for few weeks, or do volunteer for 100+ hours in war veteran residences.

That was some stupid thing to do.

It was more less public intoxication, however his actions took place on such a respected place which is the only reason this is getting pushed as far as it has. If the guy had just pissed on a tree, He would have been cited, held for the night and then released. A years probation and community service I think would suffice. Some of that community service should be spent cleaning up and beautifying the War Memorial. Of course this is in the UK, So I do not know the extent of their laws.

They should strap him to the hood of his own car and let a dozen crusty old vets do the same to him.

He should be forced to clean the monument everyday at 6:00 AM for six months with a toothbrush.
While being watched by a police or official of some sort. That official is to make sure he cleans EVERY millimeter of the monument with and only with the toothbrush.
The following six months he should be forced to hand write ten letters every day, one letter to different families of a fallen family member he has probably offended.

This guy doesn't deserve to do any type of normal probation or community service.

Yes. I say 12 months jail, and 500+ plus hours of community service. While I don't agree with what the government is doing, I will not put up with immature asses disgracing the individuals who risked and/or lost their lives fighting for our country.

Woops. This was in the UK. But the same still goes. 12 months prison and 500+ hours community service for everyone there.

You guys are harsh; I hope I don't ever meet one of you as law enforcement ;)

I would give this guy community service hours with part of it beautifying the monument - as stated by AmericanSensei. He was intoxicated, after some point, he does not really have much control. It is not like he was purposely attempting to offend veterans.

I agree with Joga. We've all done stupid stuff when drunk. Its just he decided to relieve himself on a monument regarding the dead.

Back
Top Bottom