Here's some food for Thought:

Living in Canada, it's kinda hard to understand all this (I don't live downtown or in the "danger-zone" of Toronto)...

Living in Canada, it's kinda hard to understand all this (I don't live downtown or in the "danger-zone" of Toronto)...

I can reason with this, as I spent a year on the West Coast living in the rough side of Vancouver. A good place to stay away from at night, lol. A friend of mine got raped there, now she carries a blade with her :eek:

My old instructor was also from Korea, and a 7th dan black belt.

http://www.hongmartialarts.com/martial-arts-instructors.html

The Grand Master on that page was my original. When he moved, my other instructor, a 5th dan started doing some research. The Taw Kwon Do based on the Japanese Martial Art is the one that is messed up. The original Korean Martial arts are different.

To quote your own site:
Tae Kwon Do is a Korean Martial Art that emphasizes high kicks with jumping and spinning
Hong Martial Arts has altered traditional training methods

No where does it say on your site it was "misinterpreted". Seeing as how you were taught an "altered" version of it, can you even say you know what true tae kwon do is?

The best martial art style is the one I know: Puerto Rican Judo.
Judon't know if I got a knife...
Judon't know if I got a gun...

To quote your own site:

No where does it say on your site it was "misinterpreted". Seeing as how you were taught an "altered" version of it, can you even say you know what true tae kwon do is?
no, no ,no, those were the guys that were teaching to korean misinterpretation of the japanese style. The new instructor is different. Except they stopped doing karate/tae kwon do completely after a year or two of the original japanese stuff, and now are doing MMA.

^^well then you still have yet to prove that tae kwon do is a misinterpretation of anything.

Ok, I finally found it. I was wrong on Tae Kwon Do being the misinterpretted one. Although I'm not sure if Tae Kwon Do is sometimes related to this at some schools...
Tang-Doo Do, that's the one that had it's true roots in Okinawan arts.

This was my intructor:
http://www.dysonimages.com/id6.html

He is an art guy, but he worked as a prison guard for some time... This guy was DAMN good. He might only(lol, only) be a 5th dan, but I bet he could beat a LOT of people in fights. Not only was he skilled, he was damn strong too.

But yeah, my mistake. I thought it was Tae Kwon Do... I'm not exactly sure if Tang-Soo Do was it. I think there might have been a different name. I can't remember...
We moved to MMA, which I liked even more.

But yeah, my mistake. I thought it was Tae Kwon Do... I'm not exactly sure if Tang-Soo Do was it. I think there might have been a different name. I can't remember...
We moved to MMA, which I liked even more.

I knew I was right :cool: I've never heard of that other one though, worth looking into.

Have you ever heard of Israeli Krav Maga? It's specialized in weapon defense. I've done a little bit of it and it's some powerful stuff. Designed and used by the Israeli army.

Back
Top Bottom