High i7 Idle Temps.

What fan do you have? The TRUE doesn't do well with slow fans.

I have a 120mm Sharkoon 2000RPM fan.

Try something other than Real Temp see if you get the same reading.

I've used Core Temp and Speedfan. Speedfan was showing 15'C lower than Core Temp and Real Temp.

Yeah this just occured to me as well...

Why are you concerned about 44c idle? Lap that TRUE 120 eXtreme and you'll easily be in the mid 30s... Which is pretty good... Is your CPU overclocked?

True. It's all about the loaded temps. Which for me were high. I'm running at 4Ghz and i'm gonna enquire about lapping later. There's a local company that does it.

I've disabled Smart Fan in the BIOS. So now the Sharkoon 2000 is running @ 2000rpm and my idle temps are now 40'C!

:D

Going to load it with Prime now!

I have a 120mm Sharkoon 2000RPM fan.

I've used Core Temp and Speedfan. Speedfan was showing 15'C lower than Core Temp and Real Temp.

True. It's all about the loaded temps. Which for me were high. I'm running at 4Ghz and i'm gonna enquire about lapping later. There's a local company that does it.

I've disabled Smart Fan in the BIOS. So now the Sharkoon 2000 is running @ 2000rpm and my idle temps are now 40'C!

:D

Going to load it with Prime now!

40C idle @ 4GHz is pretty good for an unlapped TRUE 120. Once you lap it you should notice a pretty big decrease.

40C idle @ 4GHz is pretty good for an unlapped TRUE 120. Once you lap it you should notice a pretty big decrease.

The temps are at 45 39 41 39. Thats leaving it idling for 45 mins. I've spoke to a company near me that will lap it for free! just got to pay for postage.

Thanks peeps!

Dang! Just removed the TRUE to get it lapped and replaced it with the retail HFS....

Idle temps @ 48'C!

The temps are at 45 39 41 39. Thats leaving it idling for 45 mins. I've spoke to a company near me that will lap it for free! just got to pay for postage.

Thanks peeps!

Dang! Just removed the TRUE to get it lapped and replaced it with the retail HFS....

Idle temps @ 48'C!

please tell me your not using the stock HSF at 4ghz? lol

Back
Top Bottom