Official Overclocking Score Board

i'll get a screen shot posted later once i get back from classes, I've gotten my 2.67 ghz core i7 up to 4.00 ghz, but I wanna make sure I can do it again before you put me on the list(i currently run it at 3.4 ghz, as I don't need more power than that :) )

oc2i.jpg

Here is a picture as promised. I'm not 100% sure why the multiplier says 21x, when it is locked at 20x in the bios, but I'm pretty sure this is due to turbo mode, as I do have that option on. If CoreTemp is simply displaying the multiplier wrong, then my overclock should be 195.40 x 20, or 3.908 GHz, but I don't think its wrong. I ran the stability program on everest ultimate, which maxes out the cpu, for a little under 30 min without a problem. I also ran one iteration of 3dmark06. I feel I can get it higher, as temps are certainly not an issue. I just have to sit down when I have a couple hours free and tweak the settings. I would also like to say this is an overclock on air cooling. I am using a Cooler Master Hyper N 520 with a modified HAF 932 case. I added 7x 120 mm fans and 1x 80 mm fan for added cooling :).

Overclock: 4103 mhz(OC) - 2667 mhz(base) = 1436 mhz :)

Info: Intel core i7 920 D0 Stepping, Cooler Master Hyper N 520, Arctic Silver 5, Foxconn FlamingBlade, 3x 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333mhz 6-6-6-20 OC'ed to 1563.2mhz

For my everyday computing I run the CPU at 20x 170.4, or 3.408 GHz with the ram at 6-6-6-20 1704mhz.

Just as a side suggestion, maybe you could also split the rankings into air cooled and liquid cooled. I could definitely get my processor higher with liquid.

- SPEEDemon

This is the OC i've achieved today....

Sorry about the width of the shot. I'm running dual screens and if I were to reduce the shot to 17" size you wouldn't see the figures.

4ghz.jpg

Only 21'C from TJmax. I'm cool with that.

Back
Top Bottom