58xx-CF vs GTX295

Don't know where you got that from...?

Here:

1920relative.png

The picture does not change much at 1920x1200: the Radeon HD 5870 still beats the Radeon HD 4870 X2 in most of our tests. But it also beats the GeForce GTX 295 in six tests and loses seriously in Clancy's H.A.W.X. only. And that loss is not due to any deficiencies of the Radeon HD architecture as we have explained above.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd5870.html

Honestly, i think ATi is getting back into the swing of things with the last 2 gens and the performance.

yeah i would have to agree ^
now if AMD would kick it in gear
that way we could see some real progress in the industry
i always want to see more
the faster the better IMHO :D

Seems vaguely or not understood in this thread... 2x HD 5870s in crossfire would shit all over the GTX 295... 1x HD 5870 without crossfire is neck-and-neck, barely ahead, or barely behind the GTX 295 (which is a dual-GPU card). The only games that the GTX 295 (dual-GPU) beats the HD 5870 (single-GPU) is games with very good dual-GPU driver support.

You're comparing a new generation card to a previous-gen dual-GPU card...

As per the original question of 2x HD 5870s in CF vs 1x GTX 295, the HD 5870s would dominate the GTX 295 on every test.

We have to wait until the GTX 3xx series to come out before we can say NVidia wins again and have to go to the price vs performance debate.

dont count out the 59xx cards yet to ya know.

Haha yeah, and you know me I'm an ATi/AMD fanboy, but they need to step it up a bit lately, I'm just glad ATi got the 58xx out on the market so much faster than the GTX3xx.

Not gonna lie though, my next build will be an Intel Core i7 build, and if the GTX 3xx's come out, I might have to give up ATi/AMD altogether for the entire build XD

Haha yeah, and you know me I'm an ATi/AMD fanboy, but they need to step it up a bit lately, I'm just glad ATi got the 58xx out on the market so much faster than the GTX3xx.

Not gonna lie though, my next build will be an Intel Core i7 build, and if the GTX 3xx's come out, I might have to give up ATi/AMD altogether for the entire build XD

mine will be Intel as well, just because i love to benchmark lol

but i'll be getting those 5970s

Back
Top Bottom