Random Chit Chat

has anyone ever used norton ghost 14? i just did a backup and now im trying to create a recovery disk i put a blank dvd in the drive and i get a stupid error message saying this

84100975.jpg

My sister left her digital camera out in the rain by accident yesterday is there any easy way to fix this? Last night we didn't bother with trying to turn it on since that would likely kill it. I left it on top of our dehumidifier overnight and today it came on but all it said was please power off and then on again and there was a bead of water under the screen.

More time, and if you can carefully take it apart, and have a source for de-ionized water, you can rinse it out. Water isn't conductive. All the ions in it are.

Quick and probably dumb Question: what are "4x4 Universal Joints" on a truck? Someone said mine should be lubed or replaced as they are noisy. But I don't know what they are, lol

Quick and probably dumb Question: what are "4x4 Universal Joints" on a truck? Someone said mine should be lubed or replaced as they are noisy. But I don't know what they are, lol
It's an easy fix. It's not specifically on 4x4 trucks... but the drive shaft from the transmission. Either to the front dif, or rear dif. They look like this:
tom-woods-u-joint.jpg

I think they are like $15 a piece. Is your's squeaking? Or loose maybe?

Yeah it's squeaking, I guess I should probably think about looking after that when I get some time, lol.
I got some plans ahead of me. My dad bought us a truck for driving around the farm with for my birthday yesterday. Its got this problem with the universal joint, all the brake lines need replaced, have to get a new battery, and its good to hit the road. All new winter tires, brakes, and shocks. 1990 Ford F-250 4x4. there are just over 50,000 original kms. on it as well. Should be a fun little project before the snow hits. Come spring I might re-paint it black as its white now.
I'll put up a picture tomorrow, but I'm too tired to run out and take a picture right now, lol. Its a very nice truck, I just wish it was crew cab :p

Yeah I'm pretty exited, lol. I can see having the truck for a long time. Lot of people would beg to differ, but Fords are tough. My dad's 2000 F-150 is running up to 350,000 kms. and all we've had to replace in the last year are the the alternator and drive belt, and one wheel bearing (wich involved a front end alignment to keep it riding in a straight line). Given some time we need to work on the muffler (got a little hole, nothing too major yet) and touch up a rust spot below the passengers side door. It's proved to be a reliable vehicle, I'm looking forward to driving the new older truck. See how Ford diesels are, lol

i wonder if i buy cod 4 from steam if my online would work in it i have the disk version and the online doesn't work...

Back
Top Bottom