Here's some food for Thought:

Yeah, but sorry to say, if it's the Korean misinterpretation of Japanese taekwandoe, it's not useful martial arts, it's the show kind. With high kicks and all these funny looking blocks. That can win you trophies, but not fights. And sadly, that's what most martial arts are.

Regardless of martial arts there is fighting cleanly and honourably and there is the fighting i was brought up on that simply means fighting however you have to to win the fight. My rules in fighting other people is i won't fight in a group against an individual, i wont use weapons against an unarmed and i don't kick (hard or in the head) whilst someone is down, anything else goes.

Yea, and i don't hit girls.

Rubber314Chicken;98**** said:
I dunno dude, I came pretty close to breaking someone's wrist with the self defense techniques I learned...
Yours may have been the japanese style.

Yours may have been the japanese style.

Naw, definitely Korean style. We also learned a bunch of stupid stuff that would never come in handy. But we did do sparring... and my gosh, if you knew how to throw a kick, your opponent better be damned sure they know how to get out of the way.

Rubber314Chicken;98**** said:
I dunno dude, I came pretty close to breaking someone's wrist with the self defense techniques I learned...

I DID break someones wrist / arm and I know squat about martial arts.:D

Naw, definitely Korean style. We also learned a bunch of stupid stuff that would never come in handy. But we did do sparring... and my gosh, if you knew how to throw a kick, your opponent better be damned sure they know how to get out of the way.
High kicks or low kicks? Korean style IS japanese style. It's just, when Korea invaded Japan, the Japanese tought the Koreans but they couldn't communicate well, and Koreans misinterpreted things badly. High kicks are not good. If you can pull one off and get a head kick, then it will do a helluva lot of damage... but otherwise... easy takedown.

Photoshoped a little sum sum.
lolgx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom