Second Hard Drive

dbone

Baseband Member
With my desktop I want to add a second hard drive that is ONLY used for backup of picture/videos and the like. I need a stable way to store my info (I despise external hard drives because of their failure rate)

Anyways, my desktop has room on the motherboard for two SATA spots I believe. Those two are used for the DVD drive and my hard drive. I am wondering the best way to go about this. I know there are some splitters out there and I have heard mixed reviews regarding them. Any suggestions? Does anyone use a splitter? Any ideas that do not involve an external drive?

I'm not familiar with any SATA "splitters", but they don't sound like a good idea. Check to see if your board has an available IDE connector. You could use that for a back up drive.

Anyways, my desktop has room on the motherboard for two SATA spots I believe. Those two are used for the DVD drive and my hard drive. I am wondering the best way to go about this. I know there are some splitters out there and I have heard mixed reviews regarding them. Any suggestions? Does anyone use a splitter? Any ideas that do not involve an external drive?

Are you sure about your motherboard only having two SATA ports? They don't always put all of them in the same place. What model motherboard do you have?

Back
Top Bottom