Monitor doesnt work..

no it wasnt, it wouldnt turn on when it was cold. i think that it might have been a bent pin on the PSU.

guys (update) i left the laptop charging overnight and finally it was able to boot for like 30 seconds. when it first started to boot it said something about the ac adapter not being ...something. i dont remember. might it be the battery? or charger?? thanks guys for your support...

It might be the connection. Lots of laptops will eventually have issues with either the battery not holding a charge, but try to turn in on plugged in. Also check and see if the AC adapter light comes on and stays on. The connector between the adapter and the motherboard on a lot of laptops goes bad. That might be the case here.

Perhaps a silly question, but you are running the laptop plugged in aren't you, not just off the battery?

yes just the battery but i now doubt it has anything to do with the battery because it should work with the ac adapter. i however after extensive "disarming" of the laptop noticed that theres a little black switch right below the monitor that (i assume) when the laptop is shut, the button is pressed therefore the laptop is put into "sleep" mode. i think that that "switch" is malfunctioning because i keep messing with it (tapping it, etc) and the computer boots! i think that the laptop does not turn on because it "THINKS" its shut... any thoughts?

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2386574740105567309bEUpeq?vhost=rides

(the "black switch" is almost on top of the pic)

Yes that is very likely. All laptops have those switches. It is what triggers the laptop to know the monitor has closed. What you can do (if you can get it to come on) is to go into the power settings and adjust the options that talk about 'what to do when I close the lid' and put them to do nothing.

I would also run it with the AC adapter plugged in. It is likely the battery won't hold a charge as well.

Back
Top Bottom