Is This A Good Buy. buget

that crossed my mind ha only if i can step my res up with that monitor.

that crossed my mind ha only if i can step my res up with that monitor.

That TV you linked is 1080P. That means it is capable of 1920X1080 and possibly 1920X1200. I know my 42" LCD displays 1920X1200 and that's what I run it at when I connect it to it.

For the best experience you want to run the TV's native resolution. This means setting it at 1920X1080 in the video settings or 1920X1200 if supported. That is how you'll get the best viewing from that TV.

I see you said in your post that you'll be doubling it as a PC monitor so I won't say anything about the 1080P. If you were planning to use it solely as a TV 1080P on a 37" is a waste and 720P would be fine.

o a waste. then why is it that every 37" i find with 720p ends up having 1300 by 1000 res or something. i got that tv becasue it is the cheaper and has every thing i want. great find. and i just bought it like 15 minutes ago
illl be shure to tell you how it goes

o a waste. then why is it that every 37" i find with 720p ends up having 1300 by 1000 res or something. i got that tv becasue it is the cheaper and has every thing i want. great find. and i just bought it like 15 minutes ago
illl be shure to tell you how it goes

Well its not a waste for viewing up close as you intend to use it. But for someone sitting 12 feet away the difference from 720p to 1080p isn't noticeable. I think the formula is inches times 1.5 to figure out distance for TV resolution. So for a 37" you would need to be closer than 55.5" or 4.6 feet to really notice a difference.

Most people don't sit that close so the 1080P would be a waste where you could get a higher quality 720P set for the same price. But you'll be gaming closer than 4.6 feet so it will work out good for you. That's why computer monitors have much higher resolutions than most TV's. Because your sitting a few feet vs 8-10 feet + when viewing.

Hope that makes sense. I'm sure you'll love it when you get it man! Beats Tube TV for sure ;)

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;984652 said:
I'm willing to bet if you click apply at that setting you'll get an out of range message. That is the max your netbook can display but I can almost guarantee that your monitor doesn't support that resolution.

So how much would you like to bet?
Just for the hell of it I set it that high and am using it right now..:rolleyes:

On your television? LOL.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;984894 said:
Can you post a link to the TV you use? I didn't think it would support a resolution that high.

Yes on my tv. lol..

Um. Yeah Let me look.
The desktop does not display the whole desktop at once btw. As you move the mouse it moves around the desktop.
But yes it does support this.

EDIT: Here you are http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...bstock:dg_ggldf&productId=8198552921665370679

Back
Top Bottom