How to swap out a prosesor

yarf

Beta member
is it posible to swap out a prosesor, if so how easy is it? (every time i play COD4 it lags a bit) thanks..:D

Swapping out a processor is fairly easy on modern day systems. Usually you have to remove any cables and add-on cards that are in the way, remove the CPU (processor) heat-sink fan, lift a locking bar on the CPU socket, remove the old CPU and place the new one in the socket, then reverse the steps till you are done. Make sure you have some type of heat-sink material to put on the processor to improve heat transfer to the heat-sink fan (I believe a silver based paste? is better. It's what I use). The danger with swapping out a processor is that you need to make sure that the new processor will work in your system (check motherboard/CPU compatibiltiy in your owners manual or even better, on the web-site of the motherboard manufacturer). You may even have to update your systems BIOS, which can be trickier and can mess up your system if your not careful. Also, be sure you have the new processor correctly aligned in the socket (usually there's an arrow in one of the corners on the processor that lines up with an arrow on the socket).

Though it may seem difficult here, once you do it and everything works, you'll find out it's not so bad. For anyone else out there, did I miss anything.

Take care

If you work very slow and you have common sense and work with caution, very slim.
If you're blowing through the project yanking at stuff going crazy, you probably will bend them. All you do is line up the arrow on the corner of the processor to the one on the motherboard tray, put it about 4 millimeters above the slot, and just drop it in.

is it posible to swap out a prosesor, if so how easy is it? (every time i play COD4 it lags a bit) thanks..:D

We need more details about your PC's specs before we can decide what's causing the lag. My guess is insufficient RAM.

here you can see the visual of swaping processor
ehow(dot)com/video_2200425_install-cpu-motherboard(dot)html

Back
Top Bottom