AntiVirus PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing

Solid State Member
Just got a nasty case of AntiVirus PRO--It disabled my AVG and my malwarebytes and my glarry Utilities. I have a game plan...downloading combofix and renaming it as combo-fix and running it and then maybe gmer and kasparsky online virus scan and then seeing if I can get malwarebytes to run again etc. I was wondering if there is a universal procedure that most of you use though for viruses? The wife had disabled AVG and that was the root cause of the problem so that won't be an issue in the future hopefully. My usual procedure would be:

1. running diskcleaner
2. running ccleaner
3. Running malwarebytes
4. doing a full system scan with AVG
5. restarting in safe mode and doing another malwarebytes scan
6. online scan and then one more AVG scan
7. running glarry utilities and i'm usually good.

However this virus had put a disruption in my normal plan

now I find that I could run diskcleaner and ccleaner but nothing else so going right to combofix and then hopeing that I can get malwarebytes and AVG to work again.

Any thoughts or step by step procedure that you guys use normally once infected or for this virus in particular. I've been scouring some forums but getting lots of advise to run this or that program that I've never heard of before.

Thanks!

Amazing!@

My anti-virus procedure:

1. Back up anything I want to keep.

2. Delete all partitions on boot drive and format.

3. Recreate partition(s) and Reinstall OS.

To be honest, no. I don't like running AV software because it slows down my system. I'm just really careful which websites I go to and which emails I open. I'll run CCleaner every once in a while as a precaution as well. I haven't had an issue with viruses in years...

Ok as an update. I was able to run combofix at lunch and it seemed to run just fine. Found some stuff have the log at home if needed. I then tried to run a malwarebytes Scan and was unable to open it or Glarry utilities can open AVG but does not scan. Was recommended to try downloading at running superantispyware....doing that. Will check that after work. Not sure what else to try after this. maybe removing mbam and AVG and Glarry and installing fresh?

Final update.

What I ended up doing was the following.

1. trying to run mbam, glarry and AVG. none would work.
2. tried installing adaware. would not work
3. disabled all antivirus and antispyware
4. downloaded combofix and renamed it as combo-fix
5. ran combofix and still couldn't run mbam or much else and still getting popups
6. downloaded and ran superantivirus. did install and ran found 12 infections and cleaned em.
7 uninstalled mbam, glarry and a couple of other programs
8. ran combo fix in safe mode and then agian in normal mode
9 reinstalled mbam and AVG and ran both. Clean system no issues.

thoughts?

If everything seems to be running ok then I'd say you're pretty much set. As a final precaution I would try plugging your had drive into another computer (If you have an adapter) and scan it then. Sometimes you get better results that way.

How about an online scan? Would that be just as effective? Don't have another way to scan hard drive at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom