VDroop

I'm kicking in a lot of volts to my CPU (1.6V before VDroop; 1.456V after). I don't think my VDroop was this bad when I ran 1.575. Is the drop because I've been pushing my processor, or is it common at higher voltages? This drop is killing my OC. I don't think I can even get 3392MHz anymore! I'm also thinking it could be my RAM...

I lowered my HT Link and loosened the timings on the RAM back stock. I changed my VCore, bus speed, and multiplier to the OC I have listed in my signature. It failed after 2 minutes.

The VDroop has been fluctuating a lot (drops ranging from .05V to .13V). I'm beginning to think that it is my power supply.

edit: I think I'll keep it a 3304MHz and I'll just proceed to overclock my RAM.

the CPU power phase may be having issues.

EDIT: Noticed date

Are you still having this issue?

Have you looked closely at the voltage reads in BIOS? Shouldn't have much to do with voltage. But if the 12v is already at something like 11.9 then it might cause an issue.

Vdrop is normal. More amps for more speed at the same wattage = lower volts. The amount you're seeing though... Seems fishy. If it's losing power do to heat that could make a difference.

@Grantofhell: There's software that came with my motherboard that reads the voltages. I can also check them from the BIOS. I'll report both results here in a little bit (I have some homework to do).

@Celegorm: The heat shouldn't really make a difference. I was running my OC earlier full time for about 2 months. The full load temp was 52C for the chip. The core temps may have been higher than 70C. I made a mistake and I went off the chip temperature because the software I was using for the core temperatures kept reporting inconsistent core temps. This happened with multiple software too (but now it works alright). Regardless, it shouldn't have been a problem because the only time I was running at such high temperatures were during stress tests. Most of the times my chip temperatures were high 30s and my core temps were high 40s low 50s.

Back
Top Bottom