Converting from .iso to .vhd?

KevinG1

Baseband Member
I have lots of .iso files... but I want to convert all them to .vhd files...
Anyone know any easier way to do this...?

Please let me know ASAP thanks!

an iso is a virtual cd/dvd and a vhd is a virtual hard drive. I don't think your going to be able to do that.

It may help to take a step back for a bit and ask exactly what you're trying to achieve by converting it from one format to the other? You may be approaching something the wrong way :)

Did you mount your iso to the cd/dvd rom? I think that is all you have to do(I used the previous version of Virtual PC).

Here's two things I found on google.

from the top of the Virtual PC 2007 window click on CD –> Capture ISO Image and select the Windows 7 beta ISO image

It is important, you download 32-bit Windows 7 Beta even if you're running on 64-bit hardware since Virtual PC 2007 only supports 32-bit guest operating systems. If you want to try the 64-bit edition in a virtualized environment, then use Hyper-V.

thanks all... :) I have achieved what I was trying to do..
I was trying to load up either .iso to virtual pc or convert .iso to .vhd to load it up on Virtual PC 2007 and I have managed to load .iso in virtual pc...

Yes, I tried 64 BIT Windows 7 RC but it didn't work so I tried 32 BIT and it worked fine... but it's running slow on virtual pc :( even though I have given 2 GB virtual RAM to it...!

Back
Top Bottom