Mods

you could paint it or cut out a bigger side window

i dont think that side window could be any bigger then it is....lol
but i did a few things, waiting for the pics to send to my PC from cell.

pics
yes, my cell sucks. its a u550...lol
i need a camera.

1024091405.jpg

First i removed that gay mesh over the one section of my side door.
and reversed the side fan so it blows out.

1024091404.jpg

proceeded to removed the mesh over the rear fans as of hopes to increase fan efficiency.

1024091405a.jpg

Then i removed and replaced the front middle stock antec fan with the original fan that came with my CM V8 and modded it to be used with the original pot on the rack.

1024091414.jpg

Another 3 speed Antec fan that will be directly behind the CM fan, as to 'boost' air flow and pressure.

1024091416.jpg

the heart of the system with the dual inline fans blowing directly at it., from the right.

1024091419.jpg

once its all said and done. (yes i still have to removed the top fan mesh)

1024091425.jpg

All plugged in and turned on.

with the reversal of the side fan, removed mesh, and the CM fan upfront, my proc temps fell a good 4C at idle, and with all fans max, it was dropped 5C

before, temp was stable at 35C
After, Temp was stable at 31C (fans on low/med)

and the case is a bit quieter as well, which is a plus at times when watching movies.

I am overly pleased with this :)
but by no means am i done.

Professional Sound Dampening? That's not a mod, but it is certainly a plus. There isn't really a point in painting that case unless you want it some other color than black. As you said, the window is big now. I think the most helpful mods are ones dealing with cable management. I forgot to do that to my CM, so I'm going to have to tear it all down, cut the panel up and repaint it again. Looks like you need to re-route your EPS 8 pin 12v. Or like many others have experienced, is your cable not long enough?

All in all, I'd say just de-hex-mesh the rear fans and put black wiregrills on them. Oh, and use some rubber C-channel to clean up the cut.

Thats what i was thinking, with the C Channel Tubing, can you get that stuff at like lowes or home debot?
I may get some silver fan grills, maybe black not sure, and put them on the side and rear fans.

Though i like you said, my 12v cable isnt long enough, i need to get an extension for it, probably one for the 24pin cable as well.
And sometime here um getting a Dremel and going to do some cutting of my own on the mobo tray for better wire hiding.

wish my PSU was modular :(

though if/when i upgrade, it shall be!
Gawd i wish i could crossfire 5870x2...lol

I didn't buy mine from lowes or HD. Though I imagine they might sell something like it. I got mine from F-CPU (there's a thick and thin molding there. I used thin, but thick might looks better as the thin seems to be made of plastic, not rubber.) And, I would use a black 120mm grill, with black fan screws. Will look so much better.

101_0577.jpg

I didn't buy mine from lowes or HD. Though I imagine they might sell something like it. I got mine from F-CPU (there's a thick and thin molding there. I used thin, but thick might looks better as the thin seems to be made of plastic, not rubber.) And, I would use a black 120mm grill, with black fan screws. Will look so much better.

good call.

i may hafto get myself some of that from there place.

wish i had a CnC machine for this stuff lol.

i may just splurg, and get some extenders for my 24/12v, covers. and maybe some more zipties, can never have to many of those lol

Back
Top Bottom