Wireless Problem

ford2fast9

Beta member
My dell laptop lcd screen went out...who knew that would happen.

But i have a older desktop p4 but i cant get the wireless to connect with mine. It will connect with all the neighbors and show excellent connectivity of mine. But when i go to it just says cannot be found please refresh. Its an older linksys wireless on the pc (WMP11) and a cheap dlink comcast gave me for free as the router. Any thoughts?

All the neighbors i can go to and connect to the password screen but mine i cant.

It looks as though there might be an issue with your wireless network card!!

If others can connect to your router, that signals out a problem with the router, but your having an issues where you cnt see any wireless networks, so that suggests its an issue with Network card.

What encryption are you using on your wireless network - if it's WPA(2) then are you sure that your card supports this?

To clarify, does the card pick up any other networks at all and are you able to connect with them? I'm not sure I picked up exactly what you were saying first time round!

sorry about the confusion

the wireless card picks up a bunch of signals including my router. If i click one of the neighbors it brings me to the password connect box. But if i chose my router it says it cannot find it please refresh. When its showing mine has excellent on the bars.

thanks!

Are you using WPA or WPA2? If so does (temporarily) switching to WEP solve the issue? It's possible your card doesn't support WPA.

Also, what OS are you using? If it's XP then have you made sure all the updates are installed? IIRC there were a number of wireless updates over the years that sorted out various problems.

What kind of encryption are you using on the router. I agree that your card might not support it. Take the encryption off and see if you can connect, then use just WEP and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom