Apple vs Windows vs Linux - READ OP BEFORE POST -

Wow thank you guys for your pretty awesome responses!

So I can run windows/linux on a Mac. But I can not run OSX on a pc?
Hm, Interesting. A way of making OSX users buy macs? Just a thought.

you can run any OS inside of any OS with the right tools. lots of linux users like virtualization inside of there Windows OS'es man.

Wow thank you guys for your pretty awesome responses!

So I can run windows/linux on a Mac. But I can not run OSX on a pc?
Hm, Interesting. A way of making OSX users buy macs? Just a thought.

Well technically you can run OSX on a PC but it's not legal and your most likely going to run into driver issues. Plenty of people have done it and I tried it before I bought mine. I couldn't get it to work right though.

You can even run parallels in OSX which basically lets you install whatever OS and run the apps native right within OSX.

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/pd40_tutorial-en_US/

Very expensive and can really tear a hole in your wallet.

That's such an unfair statement. Even Windows based computers can be equally if not more expensive. Cost should not play into judging the performance of computers. That's why 99% of people who hate Mac's don't have any counterpoints except price.

How so? Macs are not very upgradable so you pay how much money to lose all that potential in a computer, mine is way faster then the ones my friends have and I only paid a third what they did. Don' just spit out something like that when you know its true, NOTHING about apple is cheap some PC software is expensive and no where near taht of MAC so thats why I use linux and PC man.

Couterpoints:

price
reliability ( in my use with one It completely failed me and I tossed it out a window)
compatibility ( practically non existent)
Hardware is not even commonplace ( firewire and miniDVI)
NO UPGRADING
Products (applications) are not as good as 3 party developers tools.
little to no good compilers.
no gaming.
Have to use Virtualization of a windows OS to gain appeal.
and if you were going to hire a new employee out of the two in the commercial who would you pick?

A fair amount, I think it would be about half, and probably not even that they would prob partition there drive and use both of them man lol.

The thing that Windows has over Linux is that you can download a program...double click it..and it WILL install. On linux it can take sooo long to install a program because you usually need to d/l dependencies and all that b/s. That is one thing that pisses me off with Linux and one of the main reasons I stopped using it.

Yeah I have found that it is very difficult to install stuff on linux, I love it though and I am starting to get used to it , I think I will probably make a full switch at the end of this next 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom