Windows 7 installation problems! Help!!

connchri

Daemon Poster
Right, I'm stuck.

I'm running Windows 7 release candidate and have just bought Windows 7. It was from digital river, a web based download software reseller. As a member of a University, I got Win 7 Pro for £30. Anyway, It wasn't a *.iso image, so how to I install this? I was wanting to do a fresh install from dvd, but can't because the disc will not be bootable.

Any Ideas on how to use these installation files (it seems to be just the usual files you'd have on a regular NT based windows installation disc) to build a Bootable dvd? That would solve the problem, I've googled, and had a look at MS website, but I've not found out yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps if anyone can extract the boot sector from a windows 7 upgrade retail disc (64bit) and forward it on( to weirchri at googlemail dot com), I'd be really thankful.

Cheers

Chris.
Btw,

It's usually a *.bin file about a Meg or two.

But it's ok. I just ran the installation from the desktop, and I'm very very surprised at what it's done. Basically, copied EVERYTHING that was in my main partition, and put it into a folder called windows.old. Then a fresh install. Exactly what the Dr ordered. No messing, just done.

Man, I really didn't expect it to be so clean and quick. Usually your programs are still there etc. It was a fresh install I wanted, thats what I got. Lol.

Btw, it activated fine without wanting my Vista product key. So I'm guessing that the upgrade doesn't care if its the free RC your upgrading from or a legit Vista or XP installation. Quite impressive, ideal for those wanting to save a buck or a few - Simply order the upgrade and install it onto a RC copy of 7.

Cheers anyway!

Back
Top Bottom