I'm doing some research

• Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:
  • Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
  • Is your alarm clock loud enough?
  • Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50?
  • Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 (think coffee makers, or lights)

-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
-Conventional
-Yes

* Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?: lol, no I have a hard time sleeping
* Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
No

* Is your alarm clock loud enough?
I can change the volume so yeah

* Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $100?
I'd go conventional

* Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $20 (think coffee makers, or lights)
Yeah, I could have some fun with this

NOTE: I use my laptop for an alarm if its really important I'm up on time. Plays music in my surround sound in my room, so theres no fear of me falling back to sleep LOL

I need to do research for a class. In this class we find a problem and all year we design and test a solution to it. The problem my friend and I decided on was that "People have a hard time waking up in the morning"

Our current proposed solution: it looks like a standard alarm clock, however it is much louder, which you can adjust, and to be able to turn off the alarm you must get out of bed and push 2 of 3 buttons, which are wireless and placed throughout your room. If you push the wrong one then the alarm will get louder. Which ones you push are indicated by flashing LEDs.

What I need is the following answered:
  • Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50?
  • Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 (think coffee makers, or lights)

*yes
*no, I have a stereo timer and so listen to music whilst trying to wake up
*Yes,
*no, that sounds like a lot for a simple alarm clock!
*yes that'd be kind of cool, but what about when it goes off for ten minutes and then I press snooze I have half made coffee... what if I forget to fill up the coffee machine the night before, it'll burn itself out. what if I'm away for a few nights and forget to turn my lights off, the alarm keeps going and keeps the coffee machine on all day?

Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?: Sometimes

Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?:No

Is your alarm clock loud enough?:Normally use my phone,it could be louder.

Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50?:Ha,no.

Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 (think coffee makers, or lights): Yes.

I need to do research for a class. In this class we find a problem and all year we design and test a solution to it. The problem my friend and I decided on was that "People have a hard time waking up in the morning"

Our current proposed solution: it looks like a standard alarm clock, however it is much louder, which you can adjust, and to be able to turn off the alarm you must get out of bed and push 2 of 3 buttons, which are wireless and placed throughout your room. If you push the wrong one then the alarm will get louder. Which ones you push are indicated by flashing LEDs.

What I need is the following answered:

Trouble waking?: Yes always have, I have insomnia to an extent.
Snooze? No, I either wake up or I don't
Loud? Yes - Volume is not always the issue though it could be placement. I use my blackberry and 95% it works, sometimes if its under my pillow or something its muffled.
Touch/Regular:Well if by convential you mean just the buttons then I would keep regular - touch screen too easy to hit whatever you need for snooze
Outlet Activator:Yes, the only thing that wakes people up more than sound is like we are biologically programmed for it

[*]Age: 18

[*]Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?: Morning? Morning to me is 6:30 PM. Having said that, not at all. I work night shift, so I'm working from 10:45 PM to 6:45 AM, then sleeping from around 9 or 10 AM to 6:30 PM.

[*]Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once? Never use it.

[*]Is your alarm clock loud enough? I use my cell phone and iPod Touch. Either one by them self, barely. Both at the same time? Perfect.

[*]Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50? Already have one of those if you consider the iPod. But if I had the money, I would make all I could in my house touch-screen

[*]Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 - Yes. Pretty convenient.

* Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?:
Nope​
* Do you find yourself using the snooze button more than once?
Nope​

* Is your alarm clock loud enough?
Yip, and I wear earplugs so I don't get woken up at night, and all I use is my Nokia 5800 alarm.​

* Would you be more interested in a touch screen alarm clock or a more conventional style clock, assuming the touch screen model cost an addition $50?
Eh, the conventional. But only because I wouldn't spend $50 more. I wouldn't replace my phone anyway​

* Would you be more interested in an alarm clock that could switch on an outlet when it goes off assuming the addition cost was $10 (think coffee makers, or lights)
Now that's an idea. Definately. Btw, how much for breakfast in bed?​

Back
Top Bottom