Weird random folders...

korvinblue

Solid State Member
Not sure where to post this, but...

I have these weird folders with random names like

"7641abe4847c490901d4a7ac121c61"

"20c872c29b9bd9c194"

I can't delete them. I tried changing permissions, nothing. I was thinking about reformatting the HDD, but this is my external HDD, and I have 100s of Gigs of movies and software on it. I'll reformat if I have to, but are there any suggestions? Anyone know why I have these random folders?

Alot of viruses can create folders like these, where are they and do you have protect on your computer man? ?

Alot of viruses can create folders like these, where are they and do you have protect on your computer man? ?

They're on my external HDD. I had these folders for a couple months, and I was at a loss at what to do. I don't remember what I used at the time, but I use Eset Nod32. I could tell you that I whipped computer's HDD lately, and installed Win7/XP/Ubuntu on it now.

This can also result from the file system becoming corrupted (such as if the drive gets unplugged without being ejected first.)

I'd advise running chkdsk and see if it finds anything / sorts things out.

Yeah, this would be different if it were a main drive, maybe like said above a corrupted file system or virus, just run some tests and an anti virus scan .

Thanks for the relies. looks like backing up hundreds of gigs doesn't take that long after all (most of it is stuff I don't even use now). I just decided to go ahead and reformat. Thanks.

ohfok.png

Like that? They are files from the recycle bin, or something... They are hidden by default!

Back
Top Bottom