Monitor + TV Issue...???

DaSerb1

Beta member
I am trying to connect the comp via VGA splitter to comp monitor (22" ACER) and TV (TOSHIBA 32") together. I managed to do that but, when I connect both at the same time, the picture gets darker on both screens. If I unplug the TV from the splitter, the picture on computer monitor gets better. If I unplug the comp monitor from the splitter and leave the TV plugged in, the TV picture is great. If I turn off one or the other, the picture is still dark. :mad:

they both support 1280x1024 / 60 hertz

thank you

So, you're trying to use a VGA splitter to get dual monitors? Does your GPU have 2 seperate VGA (or HDMI or whatever you are using) ports? If you're just using a splitter to split the signal onto 2 screens, then it is weakening the signal because the GPU doesn't know what you're trying to do so its not sending out strong enough of a signal to display on 2 seperate monitors.

For dual monitors you need to plug each screen into a seperate port on your Motherboard / GPU.

When you turned one of the screens off while both were connected, it didn't affect it because turning off a screen doesn't stop the mobo/gpu from transmitting a signal to it, it just turns off the display, so it was still splitting the signal strength to each monitor, however when you unplugged one, that screen was no longer receiving the signal so the other monitor was receiving the full signal.

All of this is mere speculation.

Instead of using a VGA splitter, plug each screen into a seperate port on your GPU, or if your GPU doesn't have 2 ports, plug 1 into the GPU and 1 into your motherboard (if the motherboard has onboard graphics) or if your mobo doesnt have ob gfx, install a 2nd GPU.

That makes sense.
It only has port for one monitor on the back. I guess I will have to shop for a new graphic card.

Thanks for advice.

Back
Top Bottom