Random Chit Chat

How old are you, NeoDude? I'm sure you still have the luxury of living at home? If the company is treating you poorly and you're not getting proper pay, I'd have done the same. Though I would have started interviewing for jobs before I quit ;). But if you're still living at home, there is no loss. then having a job is a bonus, not a requirement.

Im 16/9 Months and yes,im still living at home. I Do give my parents 20% of my wages,which they are happy with. Also i dont receive pocket money (That stopped when i hit high school) and i like to earn my money :)

Im Actually at an internet kiosk at the moment waiting for a job interview at GAME LOL.

Im 16/9 Months and yes,im still living at home. I Do give my parents 20% of my wages,which they are happy with. Also i dont receive pocket money (That stopped when i hit high school) and i like to earn my money

Im Actually at an internet kiosk at the moment waiting for a job interview at GAME LOL.

^ I admire that sort of behavior and I wish more people acted like that.

Technically, that isn't off-topic. This is Random Chit-Chat :D

But I understand exactly what you mean. I know a kid like that at school. He's always bragging about getting free phones and all that from his parents. Last week, he was talking about how he goes through blackberry's, that's right - BLACKBERRY'S, I think he is on his 3rd or something. He drops them on the ground, he said one time it was in the sink and fell into the disposal :confused:. Then he goes on to say what an ugly phone he had before and that he threw it into the water so they had to buy him a new one :|. Can't stand that arrogant brattiness.

I can't say I've never asked for money, but when it's an amount over 10-15, I pay it back.

/random rant

Technically, that isn't off-topic. This is Random Chit-Chat :D

But I understand exactly what you mean. I know a kid like that at school. He's always bragging about getting free phones and all that from his parents. Last week, he was talking about how he goes through blackberry's, that's right - BLACKBERRY'S, I think he is on his 3rd or something. He drops them on the ground, he said one time it was in the sink and fell into the disposal :confused:. Then he goes on to say what an ugly phone he had before and that he threw it into the water so they had to buy him a new one :|. Can't stand that arrogant brattiness.

I can't say I've never asked for money, but when it's an amount over 10-15, I pay it back.

Excactly! Also when you show that kind of respect to your parents they should it back! Im currently on my learners permit and even though i drag them around for driving lessons,every now and then they help pay for a tank of petrol.

Kids who are often spoilt end up losing out when they get older as they havnt been taught responsibillity,budgeting,etc,etc....

True i may have borrowed a tenner or whatever from a parent but it's back with them within a week.

I gots to be honest here, if these kids were mine, i'd slap 'em

I'm 16, i pay my way around the house where i can, buy bit's for the house, get the electric and i clean up. I've never received pocket money, i make my own way with the spare time i have and i love the respectful relationship i have with my parents, i'm never asking them for money and i help out a lot. I don't understand these kids you see who are so rude to their parents and they are still given pocket money, bought loads of stuff and never punished.

Bit of an off topic rant there, i apologise

I'm very easily distracted
I agree there. And helping pay is great. Being forced to I don't believe in. Parent's shouldn't have a kid and then expect him to pay for shit. Helping do chores and stuff I see as part of the family though. The adults should pay the bills though.

I never ask for anything, and my parents are really awesome with having paid for my car (though its ancient and beat up I don't care because it can haul me and my band + gear and it runs nice) the insurance and usually half the gas for stuff I do around the house (like maintaining our cars, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, etc) and I pay for the other half of gas and whatever else I spend money on.

Its good too because I'm not in the habit of getting stuff for free, and once I'm done with college I figure I'll have about as much spending money as I do now. So that pretty much means I'm good with money for the time being.

^ There is a difference between asking politely for something and demanding something from your parents and then bitching when you don't get it or you don't get what you want or soon enough, etc. There's just too much of that these days.

^ There is a difference between asking politely for something and demanding something from your parents and then bitching when you don't get it or you don't get what you want or soon enough, etc. There's just too much of that these days.
True that!
My parents are paying for most of my college. But I am hoping to get a job in engineering, and turn around and pay for some or most of my sister's college... She will be starting about a year after I graduate.

Its even worse when its just given to them. I've got friends who drive Mercedes Benzs, some with totally riced out Chevy Cobalts, and one with a Dodge Challenger. All gifts from mommy and daddy.

Back
Top Bottom