Possible vbulletin update

4.0 suite is close to 250.00usd for a new license. If you get your license squared away you may have access to some discounted pricing.
I'm nabbing it for AA. Since my license is current I'll be getting a major discount. Total cost 130.00usd.

Jeeze no more posts after mine? I didn't mean to be a wet blanket. Just pointing out VB's pricing.

Wow, I though it was just a renewal fee to download the latest update, not $250 for a whole new license when I already have an existing license (which I guess is no worthless)

Take donations from established members the kind who don't get banned, the kind who are here because they love to be here. If someone gets banned it's always for a good reason aint it

I wouldn't mind chipping in a few bucks. So far 1/4 of life is being on here.

Take donations from established members the kind who don't get banned, the kind who are here because they love to be here. If someone gets banned it's always for a good reason aint it

nobody is safe from the ban hammer...

take brookfield as an example, he was a mod for years, he was given admin (higher than mod) status when david went on holiday.
and yet he's banned...

Donations have been talked about time and time again, and it always comes back to the same thing, the what if you've paid to be a member and then you have a bad day and end up getting banned.

it introduces a conflict of interest, on one hand you have a member that pays to keep the forum running, and whilst this can be good and sensible members, there may be others who use that as a chance or a ticket to shoot their mouth off... and they've paid for the privileged of being here.

aside from the idea that what if they've paid they won't be happy about being banned, you have to ask would we have to be more lenient with members who were paying because they really are helping to support the forum... (you don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs).

nobody is safe from the ban hammer...

take brookfield as an example, he was a mod for years, he was given admin (higher than mod) status when david went on holiday.
and yet he's banned...

Donations have been talked about time and time again, and it always comes back to the same thing, the what if you've paid to be a member and then you have a bad day and end up getting banned.

it introduces a conflict of interest, on one hand you have a member that pays to keep the forum running, and whilst this can be good and sensible members, there may be others who use that as a chance or a ticket to shoot their mouth off... and they've paid for the privileged of being here.

aside from the idea that what if they've paid they won't be happy about being banned, you have to ask would we have to be more lenient with members who were paying because they really are helping to support the forum... (you don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs).

Yeah root put it well, I would feel guilty about banned a member who had made a donation to the forum

If you specifically say that donating money toward a vBulletin update will not affect, in any shape or form, the way a member is treated by the admin and mods, then this will not be a problem. You are warning them that even though they're donating money, they are not better than others. They still have to follow rules. If they break them, you ban them. Then, there would be no arguing. You warned them. They knew: if they messed up they would have it coming.

Sorry for my poor grammar. I didn't want to type he/she.

Back
Top Bottom