damed IE

winslow33

Daemon Poster
Internet Explorer 7 is annoying me!

Lately it's been very unstable and buggy. every time I change webpages the crazy thing stalls and crashes. No clue why, it's never done this before. I ran an antivirus scan and its showing nothing.

I MIGHT try updating to IE 8, im hoping not to because I prefer 7. Although right now I have no choice but to use Google Chrome, wich isnt freezing.

IE is the only program having difficulties BTW

any ideas?

Might try re installing, i have some issue like that with using IE8 on my win7 64-bit. Some times the page just sits there loading and then only shows a white screen. Also have issues with java, but i know why. And it ocassionally freezes on me. I just live with it or use FF when i need something i can trust.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading - IE8 is MUCH better in terms of security than IE7, which really wasn't a huge step up from 6.

There's nothing wrong with using the Microsoft browser offering as some people seem to imply, but you really should be using the latest one if you want to stay safe!

That said, I'd recommend reinstalling if you must stick with IE7 - can't go wrong and will probably sort the situation out.

i have IE8.

and it sucks.

Whenever you type, sometimes it just doesnt recognise some keys until u press them hard.
firefox works just fine..

trust me. it sucks.

Do not use IE anything in my opinion, terrible terrible, i just use firefox or some other browser like Opera. But just my opinion, i think you will be more satisfied.

i have IE8.

and it sucks.

Whenever you type, sometimes it just doesnt recognise some keys until u press them hard.

trust me. it sucks.
I wondered how long it'd be before such a post arrived. IE8 has been fine for the majority of users I know, and while I'd still choose firefox over it any day I wouldn't look down on anyone who did choose to use it. It's a perfectly valid choice.

I do wonder how many people saying "IE sucks" are actually just doing it because it seems like the cool thing to do or based on a very limited experience or something equally as invalid - I'd guess that's quite a lot.

I can only say for myself and in my opinion. Ive tried using IE7/8 different times and I think its sluggish and comes with way more head aches, than enjoyability/Functionality. Especially when working in a government building and all employees must use IE. What ever anyone chooses is fine and completely up to them. I am only suggesting using browsers other than IE. Have a good day guys.

If I could get away with just using Firefox, I would. I can't because certain websites won't display or function properly in anything but IE. It has been my experience that IE is a major portal for viruses and spyware. Not so much because IE is a bad product, but more because people who attack computers with viruses and spyware want to affect as many systems as possible. IE is on more systems than any other browser so that's where these people start. They spend their time finding the holes in IE and exploiting them to cause the most widespread damage. The only other problem I have with IE is it's monopolistic tendencies.

i have IE8.

and it sucks.

trust me. it sucks.

Trust him 'it sucks'. Yeah right. I use it everyday with no problems. This is just an Anit-fanboy of Microsoft.

Uninstall 7 and reinstall it. That will most likely take care of the issues. I'd recommended you at least give 8 a try. You might like it.

I had IE 8 once for a few days, It was ok and all, but it wouldnt display some webpages correctly. So thats why I rolled back to 7

Back
Top Bottom