Problem with my New Re-Build - Athlon XP-M 2500+ only detected as 800Mhz

s162217

Baseband Member
Hi,

Just a few hours ago, I completed the rebuilding of my much loved gaming computer, which I accidently blew up when I decided to replace the thermal compound a year and a half ago. (But thats another story)

I now have a AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ on an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. But I have a slight probelm. It only detects the processor as 'Mobile Athlon 800Mhz' on the POST screen, not the full 1.87 it susposedly has. I did a hardware scan online and this confirmed it. I am now wondering if the guy I got the processor off ebay ripped me off, although the scan called my processor a 'Mobile AMD Athl Model 10', which when checking is the same as a XP-M barton core. I am not sure if the processor is actually running at 1.87 or 0.8 Mhz, but on games at 1024 x 1280 it seemed pretty fast. Just a thought, are mobile processors detected as lower than they really are?

Any ideas? BTW, please don't go telling me to get a new build, I like the one I have despite its age, and nothing can beat soundstorm when combined with a A/V reciever snd a 5.1 system. (Except prehaps the Xonar, but thats way way way to much)

Back
Top Bottom