I am so disgusted with best buy

Hey man I agree that Best Buy's Geek squad isen't the most knowledgable in the world, "i would know I work there", but thats no reason to flame them, they know more then your average joe. In the end its just some dude trying to get his 8 hours in lol.

Reason why Geeksquad rips off customers and provides crappy service is because of BESTBUY. The majority of the techs have little to no experience in computer repair and are hired to sale services, period. Ever since Best Buy acquired Geeksquad, it has been exploiting and using the name as a crutch in order to try and make huge profits. Best Buy does not want ANYONE buying a computer without purchasing an arsenal of Geeksquad services and a Black Tie Protection plan (warranty) to go along with it. On the flip side, there are actually some good knowledgeable people at Geeksquad here and there.

This thread makes me more excited to start my own in-home computer repair around my small-ish town. We have a bestbuy here that I'm sure everyone takes their stuff to and like everyone in this thread I've heard some bad things about it .

I think the main problem with taking your computer to best buy is that they are not payed to be concerned about your computer. They'll sure fix it and charge you more than 1/3 of the total price of the computer though.

But that's only because you know the history of Geeksquad, and how would you know if a small town shop is not as bad as Geeksquad?

When people arent knowledgeable at computers, and tend to bring it to Best Buy and use Geeksquad because they assume they are good because it's at Best Buy.
If something were to happen like my car isn't working well, I prefer to go to a well known place than to go to a little shop that I never heard of. The well known place might do a crappy job, but I wouldn't know that because I don't know much about cars.
Same thing goes with soldering, I read tuts and stuff, but I still aren't experience on it, so I prefer to pay someone to do it for me than to risk breaking it myself.

Hmm, kind of hard to explain...

Totally agree ( in some cases ).

The main reason I really don't trust GeekSquad though is because:
Article: http://www.kptv.com/technology/19514587/detail.html
Movie: http://www.kptv.com/video/19513766/index.html

Back
Top Bottom