AGV & McAfee owned by organised criminals

crappybob

In Runtime
I have started using Vipre from sunbelt software and microsoft security essentials and have been hearing good feedback from both.

I avoid McAfee and Norton like the swine flu and the free versions of AVG and Avast didn't stop any friends and family from crapping up their computers in short order.

I haven't had a single problem with Avast!

I used to use AVG until it wouldn't update itself.

But I know theres a few peeps that don't use AV software and have clean computers.

I haven't had a problem with avast while I am using it myself but everytime I put it on someones computer they come back in a few months and it's loaded with malware spyware viruses etc. They might be idiot users but I am searching for a product that will save them from themselves.

I am just giving some other products a try.

NOD32 is probably the best AV out there. It is also idiot proof. AVG is a good program by the way. You just need common sense.

They might be idiot users but I am searching for a product that will save them from themselves.
To be honest the best thing to do would be to educate them in the basics of internet security so they don't need saving from themselves! A quick chat about things to look out for and safe sites / unsafe sites, not downloading programs unless you're sure where they come from could well go a long way.

If they still want to stuff up their computers after that, then I'd be tempted to say tough luck - if they can't be bothered to make an effort to learn what not to click on (let's face it, it's not hard) then they need to learn the hard way.

Incidentally, what's with this thread title?

But I know theres a few peeps that don't use AV software and have clean computers.

That's mean. Clean as a wistle. (though if you really think about it, a wistle goes in your mouth and then it has germs all over it....hmm :eek: )

Honestly I have never had a problem with AVG or Avast, the reason most people get a virus is because they don't use common sense and then they expect that they can do whatever they want and the AV is going to save there ass from everything. Honestly its not so much the Antivirus as a user issue.

Back
Top Bottom