Basketball

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
i was playing basketball 1v1. the other guy was guarding me tightly and i couldnt find a way to either

1. get past him
2. shoot the ball without getting blocked/muffed.

what do i do??

Just run right into him, make him foul you. How good is your free throw shot? Either that or start practicing your fade-away jump shots.

Do you guys play fouls? If not, then I might want to suggest a slightly different approach...

No real man plays street ball with fouls. Try a cross-over followed by a fade away. The guy who I used to play 1v1 during the summer was 6'3" and I'm 5'9". I pulled this move all the time and it always created space. If that doesn't work try a jump fake.

Jump fake would be hard in 1v1 without a double dribble, unless it's when you first get the ball. Put your shoulder down and DRIVE.

I don't know. I played a lot of 1v1 and street ball games. If you raise your elbows to head high they will try to jump and block it. You can then hesitate a little bit and shoot when they're coming down. It's not too hard. A little practice makes perfect.

Do you guys play fouls? If not, then I might want to suggest a slightly different approach...

wat is your different approach? cuz i play both on the street and in school gym

Jump fake would be hard in 1v1 without a double dribble, unless it's when you first get the ball. Put your shoulder down and DRIVE.

how would that work out? if i drive down, he follows me down pretty well up till the hoop so when i get ready to shoot hes in front of me ready to block. i guess i could put a fade here as well but thats already what everyone else is saying.

You have to put your shoulder down, knock him outta the way. It worked all the time bag when I used to play in HS, except it always gets a foul, lmao. Aggressive, think aggressive.

Hate to say it, but he sounds like he's better at defence than you are on offense. Really, a defender shouldn't be able to stay that tight on anyone without getting beat.

You could always bounce the ball between his legs, run around him, grab it and then shoot.

OR

Quit and join wrestling. That's what I did. I hate basketball.

Back
Top Bottom