Random Chit Chat

Well, I'm back (because yes, I did leave) and I'm here to report that I now dislike PatriotMEM RAM.

It's probably a quality product, but I ended up getting a lemon and let me just say it sure was a PITA to get around to finding the issue.

I ordered some parts to build an HTPC that I could build for ~300 and have decent power with.
Evga 730i
PDC E5300 Wolfdale
PatriotMEM 2x1 PC2-6400
SeaGate 7200.12 500Gb/16Mb
Ultra LS350 PSU
CM Elite 331 tower

Had BSOD issues, and came up with various errors each time all of which had nothing to do with the RAM except IRQL Less or not Equal code. Well, I did a MEMTest86 run and it showed fine for all 2Gb, but sure enough, back into the OS and it BSOD's when too much physical memory gets addressed. So I assumed it was a voltage issue. Check the voltage and it was at 1.9v which is what this product is rated for. NB was at 1.1 which is plenty fine. So I then guessed timings. It was at 5-5-5-12-0T :| So I had a hell of a time flashing the BIOS on this board because EVGA had a .ISO on their website with no .BIN in it :F Got the BIOS flashed and the timings worked out. STILL BSOD with no explanation. I popped one of my OCZ PC2-6400 2Gb sticks in there and it's working like a charm. Ran the RAM all the way up to 1.35Gb usage and it still took it all in. Needless to say, the PatriotMEM is going back :|

/Rant

WTF i need to find a second job that pays like $200 a week so that between both my jobs i bring in like $400 ish a week i need to get my own apartment because my dad said that i have until june to save up money for my own apartment or ill be charged $500 a month for rent at home

damn dude, tough love :eek:

WTF i need to find a second job that pays like $200 a week so that between both my jobs i bring in like $400 ish a week i need to get my own apartment because my dad said that i have until june to save up money for my own apartment or ill be charged $500 a month for rent at home

if there is a FedEx Ground terminal near you, you could apply to be a package handler, i dont know what the pay is at one near you but at mine you start out at 9.50/hr.

but when looking to make money you cant be picky

My brother has that problem; Always out of money and whining. I guess he thinks he's too good to make $7.25/hr with a standard diploma.

And he always wonders how I get my hardware. I go out and work. Plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom