Upgrading...!

NgnzAkt

Beta member
I have a Dell XPS M170 with an 80GB disk drive and windows XP for operating system. i want to upgrade to a 250 GB hard drive and install Windows 7, but since this is a gaming computer i dont know if i may end up messing things up because of the drivers and stuff. do you all know if this could be possible to do without having any troubles down the road?

im no genius when it comes to computers, all i know is how to use a computer (the basic stuff anyway) so please, any advises will be really apreciated, than you all!!!

=)

You're far more likely to have driver issues with XP than with Windows 7. I have to install XP and Windows 7 on several different Dell models on a regular basis and I can tell you that I have to install XP drivers far more often than 7 drivers. That's one of the things that really impressed me about 7. I don't even have to search for printer drivers with 7 usually.

Thats all i needed to know guys, thanks a lot. now im ready to make the switch and see for my self what everyone's been talking about, you both have a great day!

=)

Back
Top Bottom