Bloody windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lindon

Golden Master
Well windows updates kicked off this morning on the server, and ofcourse the arrogance on Microsoft then just forces a reboot (of a server :rolleyes: ) which ofcourse corrupts MySQL.

Time to disable windows updates...

Why is it arrogant? If you tick the box to apply automatic updates you are agreeing to it. Pretty straight forward really..I don't see anything arrogant about that.

Because it's a server? It serves things... if it's restarted, it can no longer serve things. I wouldnt call it arrogance, but short-sightedness

Why is it arrogant? If you tick the box to apply automatic updates you are agreeing to it. Pretty straight forward really..I don't see anything arrogant about that.

Because I didn't check a box, it was enabled by default and since switching servers I'd forgotten to disable them.

I don't have a problem with the server installing updates automatically, it just fails the logic test that MS think its a good idea to force a reboot on a SERVER :eek:

I can understand Xp/vista/7 rebooting (even though this would be very annoying) but a server is different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom