I am so disgusted with best buy

I agree Brother, But there's way to many people out there who think they're entitled if you will. I had a great time dealing with these people...

Most of them didn't even understand they were STILL going to come out on top with a better laptop...But of course...Give an Inch,they want a mile.

I would say 1 in 10 people would actually understand that policy and not get irate.

I agree Brother, But there's way to many people out there who think they're entitled if you will. I had a great time dealing with these people...

Most of them didn't even understand they were STILL going to come out on top with a better laptop...But of course...Give an Inch,they want a mile.

I would say 1 in 10 people would actually understand that policy and not get irate.

As a calm person reading this, I totally understand the policy, and it totally makes sense. I think most people would understand it. Until it's their laptop.

I wonder what they do if someone buys a low end laptop and buys the warranty and ends up totaling the laptop somehow 2 years later when there aren't any new laptops of that spec.

I wonder what they do if someone buys a low end laptop and buys the warranty and ends up totaling the laptop somehow 2 years later when there aren't any new laptops of that spec.

I think it's usually a one year thing.

I answered all that in my aforementioned post..

Here's a tip....IF that happens to you with Best Buy, and you are forced to find the closest laptop that is closest in spec to what you had, Look around. For the people I dealt with that were NOT dicks, I worked with them..."Sometimes" the particular brand name that you bought, Best Buy may only have "Nice" specs with their lowest model of that brand. The laptop that IS within spec to what you HAD may be an off brand and a complete piece of shit.....

Soooo....Tell them you bought the particular brand that you did FOR A REASON...Ie..Reliability.....Which most often then not forces them to honor the "brand" that you bought. But as I said, THAT would depend on the model brand you bought and what their Inventory stock is.

There are ways around it, You just need to know. ;)

In terms of if your still in warranty....Simply look at your warranty. If you bought no BestBuy warranty your shit out of luck outside of the year the manufacture gives you..And you can only go through the manufacturer...If you bought a BestBuy warranty, It is for whatever term you bought...ie...2 year, 3, year, etc. If you bought a Best Buy warranty it overrides the Manufacture warranty, So don't think your getting that year PLUS what you got through BestBuy.

Here's a tip....IF that happens to you with Best Buy, and you are forced to find the closest laptop that is closest in spec to what you had, Look around. For the people I dealt with that were NOT dicks, I worked with them..."Sometimes" the particular brand name that you bought, Best Buy may only have "Nice" specs with their lowest model of that brand. The laptop that IS within spec to what you HAD may be an off brand and a complete piece of shit.....

Soooo....Tell them you bought the particular brand that you did FOR A REASON...Ie..Reliability.....Which most often then not forces them to honor the "brand" that you bought. But as I said, THAT would depend on the model brand you bought and what their Inventory stock is.

In terms of if your still in warranty....Simply look at your warranty. If you bought no BestBuy warranty your shit out of luck outside of the year the manufacture gives you..And you can only go through the manufacturer...If you bought a BestBuy warranty, It is for whatever term you bought...ie...2 year, 3, year, etc. If you bought a Best Buy warranty it overrides the Manufacture warranty, So don't think your getting that year PLUS what you got through BestBuy.

Yes, that would be annoying because of brands. Kinda like getting a ford guy to buy a chevy.

But luckily I like Hp laptops, and as far as I know they are the only ones that come with the remote thing standard.

Not the Geek Squad around me. They usually do a lot of the stuff for free. I don't think the one in my city has ever lied or screwed people over badly.

Where did u get that wrong info?

Not the Geek Squad around me. They usually do a lot of the stuff for free. I don't think the one in my city has ever lied or screwed people over badly.

Sucks its not like that here in Houston.

Where did u get that wrong info?

After working there for many years, I know, believe me. It depends on what way you look at it I guess.

On one side of the token, You DO have a Manufacturer warranty, THROUGH the Manufacturer, NOT BestBuy. However, Anyone in their right mind that buys a BestBuy warranty is not going to send it to the Manufacturer for that ONE year when they can take use of their BBY warranty they bought that has the same coverage and more. BestBuy does not honor the year of the manufacture warranty, They will not make your warranty take place a year later, etc....So yes, It does override the Manu warranty. If you want to deal with the Manufacturer for the first year when you bought a BBY warranty and consider 1 year of the term you bought truly wasted money, Have at it!

Nice try though, Think next time. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom