PC not working properly

Any way you could download some old game, or demo, like REALLY old and test it on that?

Hmmm..
Don't get offended, but is your cable for the monitor plugged into the card's adapter, not into your motherboard?
I'm thinking that the card may have something wrong with it.

Who is your 8600 made by and how much VRAM does the model have?

Which operating system are you on? Which Service Pack?
---
If your particular 8600 requires a 6pin PCI-E plug, is it plugged in?

Is PhysX processing enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel?

Have you tampered with any clock settings or even the fan on your 8600?

What motherboard are you on? Brand/Model?

Have you pressed "Restore" on the "Manage 3D Settings" tab in your Nvidia Control Panel?

Are you using a DVI-VGA converter to output to a VGA CRT monitor? You stated you run 1440x900, so I assume you have a 19" wide refreshing at 70-75Hz?

Does putting the settings on any given game to the lowest make it speed up at all?

I have a few other diagnostic questions I normally ask in cases like this, but if you've gone this far without any gain I would suggest filing for an RMA.

everything is as it supposed to be.. i've just tried to put in another graphics card.. buts it's the same story :mad:

It's likely the processor then. Download CPU-Z and screenshot all the tabs.

You say it's laggy in gaming, but how about benchmarks. I am questioning whether it's the 3D apps that are lagging or apps in general.

ITS THE RAM! I had this exact problem before, and it was because of really slow ram. It would play fine, but when it would load more into the ram, it would lag. It was awful. This might be your problem, or maybe not, but I had this exact problem, and it was because of the ram.

Back
Top Bottom