Windows 8

you say that MS are releasing every 3 years, but I can't see a gap bigger tan 2 years on the timeline that you put down.

windows 7 goes on public release in 11 days.
some people have been using RCs for some time so already know what it looks like.

i've got the full version on the laptop I'm using now, (because the company I work for already has it). I upgraded at the start of last week, though I was a few weeks behind most others in the company... visually to me is seems exactly the same as vista.

I think that MS are wrong to release a new Major OS every 3 years personally.
it doesn;t give people enough time to settle into a new os, so people may put off buying an OS, (like in 2003 XP had been out 2 years, but windows 98 was still the worlds most popular OS. if they leave a bigger gap between OS's then the upgrade should be a bigger upgrade, and be more worthwhile, and not leave people feeling like they were short changed on their last OS purchase.

I don't really mind paying for the OS as long as I get some type of discount.

But can they implement something like DX11 onto XP if they wanted to? because aren't they coded from ground up or something?

I think they are releasing it too soon/too often, but if the OS is worth it, by all means... I'll buy it again.

I don't understand people who complain that Microsoft are releasing O/S too often. If people who buy every O/S feel ripped off then why do they keep buying them? Microsoft is not holding a gun to people's heads saying you have to buy every release. If you are happy with your current O/S or don't want to spend more money on another one then it's a pretty simple solution...don't buy it.

Re: Windows 8 will be available in 2012

Hm. Interesting.. Makes you wonder why a lot of people prefer XP still. :p

XP is 8 years old and still going strong!

I rest my case.:D

I don't understand people who complain that Microsoft are releasing O/S too often. If people who buy every O/S feel ripped off then why do they keep buying them? Microsoft is not holding a gun to people's heads saying you have to buy every release. If you are happy with your current O/S or don't want to spend more money on another one then it's a pretty simple solution...don't buy it.

Most people feeling that way.
They only reason why I ended up with a vista computer at one point is because I had bought a Dell laptop, and it was something like 300 to have XP put on it instead of vista.

EDIT: If people feel they spend to much on OS's then they should just STFU and use linux xD

I wonder when MS will release their completely new os codename Midori. Some people I have been talking to are saying that it's time for a complete code rewrite for windows.

I think I will stay away from buying the next os for a while after release. Microsoft's pattern foros quality goes 95=good
98=bad
98 se=good
ME=bad
xp=good
vista= bad
7=good

so judging by this pattern windows 8 will bad a bad windows release

Back
Top Bottom